The disclaimer of all disclaimers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The disclaimer of all disclaimers

I'm wondering if anyone has had this happened to them before in Munich or elsewhere.

I went to a party at Match Club (large nightclub) last night, and prior to entering was asked whether I was a smoker. When I replied that I wasn't, I was asked to sign a form. It was explained to me as some sort of legal disclaimer and waiver of rights - signing it meant I acknowledged that people smoked inside the club, and I'd waived all rights should I have any issues in connection to the smoking. I found it all pretty absurd and was rather wary as the form was entirely in German. But a local friend who was with me confirmed that the door staff weren't fibbing.

I suppose I'd find out tonight if this is the norm in Munich. But really, you couldn't make it up! And they say people in the US are litigious...

PS - the 'Sodom&Gomorrha' Friends of Dorothy night at Match Club is highly recommended!
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 1 February 2009, 03:19 AM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

I actually had the disclaimer of all disclaimers up on the very first website that I built last millennium. It went like this:

This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Our operators are standing by. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only .Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times are approximate. Simulated picture. Please remain seated until the ride has come to a complete stop. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. You break it, you pay for it. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may fade. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. No Tresspassing. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating stores only. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock zone. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your canceled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flames. Replace with batteries of the same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. Not recommended for children. Pre-recorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. Exact change only. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free number before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Unix is a registered trademarkof AT&T. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Package sold by weight, not volume.Your mileage may vary. No other warranty expressed or implied.

This supersedes all previous notices.

This disclaimer may not be copied without the expressed written consent of whoever I stole it from.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
      I actually had the disclaimer of all disclaimers up on the very first website that I built last millennium. It went like this:

This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Our operators are standing by. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only .Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times are approximate. Simulated picture. Please remain seated until the ride has come to a complete stop. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. You break it, you pay for it. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may fade. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. No Tresspassing. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating stores only. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock zone. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your canceled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flames. Replace with batteries of the same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. Not recommended for children. Pre-recorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. Exact change only. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free number before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Unix is a registered trademarkof AT&T. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Package sold by weight, not volume.Your mileage may vary. No other warranty expressed or implied.

This disclaimer may not be copied without the expressed written consent of whoever I stole it from.
      ROTFL!

Comment

OK, didn't have to sign anything last night. I was told that it's only for clubs who do not have a designated smoking area.

Love it!
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

The club has to make you sign this or otherwise it will be closed

@ Savage25:
          Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

awesome! but you forgot to include: "may cause spontaneous pregnancy"

Comment

Also seems to be no mention of the Savage25 effect... (or maybe the entire disclaimer relates to it!!!)

Egad!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                Also seems to be no mention of the Savage25 effect... (or maybe the entire disclaimer relates to it!!!)

Egad!
                Like I said, it was from the last millennium. I didn't have any FF accounts then

Comment

Working...
                X