Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to buy an Ipod Touch in duty free shops in Chicago ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to buy an Ipod Touch in duty free shops in Chicago ?

I`ll fly ORD-LHR with UA soon and I`d like to know if I could buy an Ipod Touch in a duty free shop at Chicago Terminal 1.
    Thanks

I have not been at ORD UA Terminal for a long time. But I recall that the duty free shop there is small and I don't think I see any Apple products. I would buy it at the store downtown even though with sales tax.

I know at SFO International Terminal there are vending machines selling Apple products.

Comment

Prices of electronics (and not only) in the U.S. are generally (i.e. with a few exceptions) so cheap compared to other countries, that when you buy downtown you're essentially buying 'duty free'. If you want to avoid paying the state tax as well, I believe you should buy mail order and ship to the state you'll be visiting (though I understand this may not be so easy if you're visiting for a few days and staying in a hotel). But I've done it, so it is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
        I know at SFO International Terminal there are vending machines selling Apple products.
        Terminal 7 (UA) @ LAX has the vending machines too. They're managed by Best Buy

Comment

The duty free stores at ORD are very small and definitely don't sell them. I don't recall seeing the vending machines selling them as has been mentioned (and I've also seen) at other domestic US airports, but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
          ...I would buy it at the store downtown even though with sales tax...
          Sales tax within the city of Chicago is now at 10.25%.

Comment

If you are after iPods and you happen to have the chance, Australia has one of the lowest prices for iPods, even cheaper than US prices.

Comment

Working...
            X