Is a mixed class itinerary possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a mixed class itinerary possible?

With the high price of business and first class these days, I was wondering if it is possible to buy a ticket online or otherwise that is "mixed class", meaning for example, half in Y and the other half in J?

It's possible, but not online.

However, (on SQ anyway) running a mixed class ticket will ensure full fare - which could work out more expensive than going RT in the higher class especially if you've got a corporate deal with them.

An example of this was last week - going to TPE, i booked a JRMY fare, but the last leg SIN-KUL was waitlisted, so i said I'd travel Y instead - it autopriced out at full fare C, which was much higher than the JRMY fare.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      It's possible, but not online.

However, (on SQ anyway) running a mixed class ticket will ensure full fare - which could work out more expensive than going RT in the higher class especially if you've got a corporate deal with them.

An example of this was last week - going to TPE, i booked a JRMY fare, but the last leg SIN-KUL was waitlisted, so i said I'd travel Y instead - it autopriced out at full fare C, which was much higher than the JRMY fare.
      Thanks for the info!

According to the SQ agent the online price is always the best, although my personal experience is limited.

BTW, I recently arrived in SFO on SQ 2 and needed to make a late connection on UAL to San Diego. I think I may use CX next time to make an easier connection from LAX to San Diego.

Does anyone know if there is a difference if I book my Asia trip through AA versus booking through CX? Does CX happen to treat you better if you buy the ticket directly through them?

Through AA I can book the entire itinerary, and through CX I would have to buy the SAN-LAX-SAN leg separately.

Regards

Comment

SQFG, I'm kinda surprised that SQ corp fares gives you a full fare. As I understand from the wording on the fare, it read as 50% of the C full fare and 50% of the Y full fare. Just wondering if your fares are somewhat different?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          SQFG, I'm kinda surprised that SQ corp fares gives you a full fare. As I understand from the wording on the fare, it read as 50% of the C full fare and 50% of the Y full fare. Just wondering if your fares are somewhat different?
          Yep, our corp fare doesn't allow mixed RBD. It's got to be homogenous.

In the KUL-SIN-TPE-SIN-KUL example from last week, it had to be J-J-J-J. To have taken the last leg in Y would have forced it into a CRT fare.

Comment

I can confirm on LX you can mix and match both legs.

Me <3 LX

Comment

www.itn.net more than three years ago used to have a multicity booking option where you can choose the class for each sector you input. But then it was switched to a travelocity type format. These days I haven't been able to find a third party online booking engine that allows to do that.
              My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Working...
              X