How many DSLR users here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    I found this on the net - just brought a smile to my face. Didn't know where to put it so i guess this'd be the place
    Nice one, SQfg.

Since we're talking about flash, we should have a flash party, with masters/mistresses and slaves.

Comment

• Just bought a DSLR, my daughter have been bugging me for one for ages.... so got a Sony, under 1 k for her to start learning.... bought the the IT fair, comes with two lenses, a dry box, 2 8GB memory stick, carrying case, cleaning kit and a free course...
      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Originally posted by kapitan View Post
        ... comes with two lenses, a dry box, 2 8GB...
        This 'dry box' is what some other manufacturers call 'underwater housing'?

Comment

• Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
          This 'dry box' is what some other manufacturers call 'underwater housing'?
          I think a "dry box" in this context is an airtight box with a packet of dessicant inside ... essential in a very humid environment like Singapore to prevent the growth of mould on glass etc.

Comment

• So looks like in places such as S'pore, manufacturers occasionally include this 'accessory' as well instead of a single desiccant sachet... Ok, thanks jhm. Thought the underwater housing was too much to include for the price they charged for this camera kit.

Comment

• I've checked the prices of underwater housing for the 5D before, and the cost is about the same as the camera!

Comment

• yes, the dry box is a air tight storage box with a pack of silica gel for storage. This is needed locally due to the humidity.... free gifts are given as the camera was bought during the IT show which was on for the weekend... N_Architect such gifts are normal during promotional shows, which are held three times a year... you should time your visits to Singapore to coincide with such shows...

Comment

• Took some pics with the SONY DSLR, from my living room window, a SQ A380 flew past, at about 1830 hours, lazy to check where she came from...

the same plane, cropped of the rest of the pic...

Comment

• My current travel camera chioce is a Pentax K7. It does everything about the same as the Nikocanons ect, but the beauty of this body is that with an adapter it can use every M42 screw mount lens dating back to the 60's. The Fujica Fujinon EBC lenses of the 70's take sharp, color correct pictures. If you print larger pictures, you will instantly see the difference when compared side by side. Nothing wrong with a Canon or Nikon digital print, and the lenses are perfect for where most photos are published. If you do have some older Pentax screw lenses, be prepared to go wow!

Comment

• For the Canon 5D MKII fans/users (in case they didn't know already):

http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/fir.../firmware.html

Recently we have discovered a malfunction that occurs with Firmware Version 2.0.3, in which the manual recording levels for C1/C2/C3 are changed and the camera becomes unable to record audio if the power is turned off (or if Auto power off takes effect) after registering "Sound Recording: Manual" in the camera user settings.
                      We apologize very sincerely for the inconvenience, but we are going to stop making this firmware available for download. For customers who have already updated to the new firmware, when using the camera with the mode dial set to C1/C2/C3, please either set the sound recording settings to Auto.
                      We are currently preparing firmware that will correct this malfunction. As soon as those preparations have been completed, we will let you know on this Web site. In the meantime, we apologize for the inconvenience this represents, but please wait until the fixed firmware is ready.

Comment

• Small hiccup! They'll be back with a new software upgrade. At least stuff like this is fixable and doesn't cost any one any money. And good for them for being on the case. This note came out less than a week after they released the firmware update.
                        blog

Comment

• kapitan, I like your living room window views.

Comment

• Just came across this on Gizmodo - a little something for the Canon fans out there

...looks like a 70-200mm Canon L-series lens, but then if you look a little closer...

Comment

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                              Just came across this on Gizmodo - a little something for the Canon fans out there

...looks like a 70-200mm Canon L-series lens, but then if you look a little closer...
                              Great kit for outdoor photographers who sit in the cold waiting for their prey. A warm cup of milo or hot chocolate would be nice.

The 70-200mm is my fav lens. People who hold it for 6 hours straight could skip their gym session that evening.

My only gripe is the glaringly white colour. Attracts too much unwanted attention. Strangers like to amble along to have a chat but they can't see I was busy or unsociable?!

Comment

• Am thinking of getting either the 24-70 F2.8L or 24-105 F4L IS..

at the wide end on an APS-C 1.6 FOVCF , would 24mm be wide enough to get an Airline Tray and food in? (Y class naturally, since that's where I usually am)

Comment

Working...
                                X