How many DSLR users here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's beautiful, haf!

What's your best picture taken in Singapore? Lots of people have taken just about every angle at the Marina Bay area, kinda bores me to be honest..

Comment

• Great comments, haf. True, very nice debate indeed...

I went to a local shipyard for a scheduled survey today. Had been there before, and the place is almost deserted. Twenty years ago it was a totally different story, of course. Had the compact Canon G10 with me, and after the survey I stayed and took a couple of shots. Old buildings, remaining empty and almost lifeless.

I have promised myself I will do a full story on this, then will put it up on my site. You have to find opportunities to challenge yourself and practice what you love. Still waiting for the container with all my belongings to arrive from home, and when all this is settled, it's camera bag and tripod on my shoulders and out for shooting...

Comment

• Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
        True, very nice debate indeed...
        Originally posted by haf View Post
        Such a fascinating debate! And from where I stand I see different approaches from both of you.
        A debate?! I thought this was only a discussion! Men are so competitive these days

Appreciation of creativity is very subjective. Some of them modern abstract art could have been done by any 10-year old but they're on display in those famous art galleries!

Comment

• I came across this girl's work today. Amazing stuff.
          And if you see what kind equipment she uses, you'll be surprised.

The road to creativity couldn't be simpler - it is really a privilege to be so talented.

Comment

I came across this girl's work today. Amazing stuff.
            And if you see what kind equipment she uses, you'll be surprised.

The road to creativity couldn't be simpler - it is really a privilege to be so talented.
            The art of making the ordinary look extraordinary. Not many can do that well.

Comment

• Some lovely shots there! Thanks for sharing!
              blog

Comment

• I hear there is a photo competition voting currently running in a well known maritime newspaper.

I also hear that one of the entries selected by the editors of this newspaper as part of the finalist images set for voting is submitted by an SQTalker.

Let us see what the readers of that newspaper will vote...

Comment

• Crap, I should've entered... one of the SIN Outer Road whilst taking off at Changi would rock..

Comment

• Congrats on being short-listed, N_Architect.

I like H and J. H is taken with my fav Nikon D3! Why am I not surprised?

Comment

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                      Congrats on being short-listed, N_Architect.
                      Thank you but it would be nice if I could also get even just a single ...vote at the end!!! (none received so far... )

http://www.tradewinds.no/andalso/article549613.ece

Photo D is well ahead, by the way...

Comment

• Anyone here have sony alpha series DSLR?

Sony alpha 100? Any?
                        Thank You For Flying With Singapore Airlines , A Member Of Star Alliance.

Comment

• Some of us here have had experience selling their gear.

Do you sell it on the net? To a shop? Where? How?

I'd be selling my 5D classic with Really Right Stuff L plate, 400D with RRS plate, kit lens, and 10-22mm lens. No idea what the current market price for second hand equipment is. I don't know how to set a price.

Thinking of taking the easiest way out and selling it to a shop like this. (mpbphotographic)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

• I have sold three lenses so far (Canon) and one camera/lens kit (Nikon).

Used (free) ad in newspaper & web version of the paper, ad stayed up for 3 weeks before renewal (default arrangement). Was contacted by prospective buyers, arranged meeting, stuff gone.

I think nowadays selling through web directly to end user is most appropriate. Selling to a dealer will get you lower price, in my opinion. Dealer is a business, not a charity, and sadly the more they pay us, the more they will make when they will resell the gear.

I would assume you'd sell in the U.K. to get better price (as list prices there are bit more expensive than other places).

How many shutter actuations does your 5D have?

Comment

I would assume you'd sell in the U.K. to get better price (as list prices there are bit more expensive than other places).

How many shutter actuations does your 5D have?
                              Yes, I would be selling them in the UK.

How do I check shutter actuations on the 5D?

Comment

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                                How do I check shutter actuations on the 5D?
                                If you have not set the preferences in your 5D to reset frame count each time you change card or whatever, then obviously the current file number in the recorded jpegs/raws is the total no. of frames taken by the shutter since you acquired the camera.

If not, there's special software for it:

http://www.foxbat.me.uk/myDownloads.php

Very useful when people try to buy used bodies and want to check the real no. of frames taken.

Comment

Working...
                                X