A Surge of Hope from the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Surge of Hope from the US

GP fans among SQTalkers had their adrenaline rush, now I have mine.

The economic problems are enormous; the skepticism and disenchantment loom large; but this feels historic, and I feel there's a bit of room for idealism. Please indulge me this moment to smile and cheer.

Congratulations to the citizens of the US of A on the election of their newest chief executive: Barack Obama.
    Last edited by jjpb3; 5 November 2008, 12:26 PM.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

That was one helluva gracious and generous concession speech from McCain.
    Last edited by jjpb3; 5 November 2008, 12:31 PM. Reason: wording
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

As the Democratic side of politics in the US is broadly similar to my own political outlook, the emphatic election result was v much welcome. Congratulations to the people of the US for believing in and voting for change.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Obama's speech was truly awesome. It really touches everyone who heard it. Congratulations Mr. Obama!

"Change has come to America" - Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          GP fans among SQTalkers had their adrenaline rush, now I have mine.
          GP = Grand Prix? sorry that's the only definition of GP I know

Comment

Yes its certainly time for a change and also about time we need a Democrat to get us out of the mess here:Iraq, budget deficits and the economy.
            Congrats to Obama

Comment

Congratulations Barack Obama!

Comment

Yes you can!

Comment

Change comes with Barrack Obama so does the value of my USD

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    I think jjpb3 meant the GOP aka the elephant party!

Edit: actually, rereading this, I think he actually did mean F1!

Comment

Amazing composure from Obama - he was so calm and collected during his victory speech. No euphoria/jubilation/fist-pumping etc. - really admirable.

McCain's concession speech was great too - I liked the part where he said that all his supporters did not fail today, and it was he alone who has failed. How many leaders can have the courage to say, "I failed" ?
                      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                        Originally posted by jhm View Post
                        I think jjpb3 meant the GOP aka the elephant party!

Edit: actually, rereading this, I think he actually did mean F1!
                        In the tradition of the "hanging chads" of the elections past, one might discern jjpb3's intent of referencing this thread. http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5605

Comment

Congratulations to Barak Obama.

I thought his acceptance speach was great, it is so nice to have an American president that sounds articulate rather than a complete moron as we have had for the past 8 years.

Thought McCains speach was excellent as well if only he had run the rest of his campaign in that style I think it would have been a much closer result.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                            That was one helluva gracious and generous concession speech from McCain.
                            Originally posted by upright man View Post
                            McCain's concession speech was great too - I liked the part where he said that all his supporters did not fail today, and it was he alone who has failed. How many leaders can have the courage to say, "I failed" ?
                            Senator McCain is one class act!
                            HUGE AL

Comment

Yay for no more election coverage on TV after one long year

Comment

Working...
                              X