Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucrative business class travel hit by global financial crisis

http://www.theage.com.au/news/travel...749891364.html

Businessmen and women, hit by the global financial crisis, are cutting back on their trips and forcing airlines to either slash their prices or to reduce capacity, analysts say.

British Airways, which has 10 flights daily between the world's top two financial centres of London and New York, is among the worst hit carriers.

"Longhaul premium traffic has softened after the summer and forward bookings are being affected by the increased anxiety in financial markets and by the uncertain economic outlook," it said in a review of traffic for September.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

which will be good news for us ???

Comment

Cut their bonuses, and their ridiculously high wages and stuff them in Y!

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
        which will be good news for us ???
        It's never good news for someone who loves to travel when airlines have to struggle because the economy is going down...

But on the other hand it'll be easier to get a seat in C now if you can afford it
        Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Originally posted by up and away View Post
          But on the other hand it'll be easier to get a seat in C now if you can afford it
          Not yet in my case - was waitlisted in C class for SIN-LHR and LHR-SIN this month and only one sector (SIN-LHR) cleared as of the ticketing deadline.

Comment

Working...
          X