DOH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOH

No I'm not having a Homer Simpson moment I'm talking about DOH as in Doha airport.

I will be fly QR AMM-DOH-SIN-CGK in Y with no status. I have a 6 hour layover in DOH from 20.00 to 02.00.

Anyone familiar with DOH and/or Doha. Is there anything to do in the airport? Is it worth heading into town at that time of night will anything be open?

Originally posted by Lobster View Post

Anyone familiar with DOH and/or Doha. Is there anything to do in the airport? Is it worth heading into town at that time of night will anything be open?
    Presuming you have no status on QR and therefore cannot use the Premium Terminal ?, you really don't want to be spending 6 hours there. It's an awful airport with bugger all to do.

I have no idea if anything in town will be open. There is a Priority Pass lounge there so you could use that or get a Hotel nearby, even for such a short time.

Comment

No I'm not having a Homer Simpson moment I'm talking about DOH as in Doha airport.

I will be fly QR AMM-DOH-SIN-CGK in Y with no status. I have a 6 hour layover in DOH from 20.00 to 02.00.

I was last in Doha in Jan 2006. Back then, DOH was a pit going renovation during which it was even more of a pit. I seriously doubt that it has been very much better since then since they are supposed to be building a new airport.

I found Doha really quite boring except visit "Blast from the Past" restaurants like Ponderosa which was across the road from the Ramada. Doha then was no Dubai and I doubt that it is now despite the ambitions of the Qatari government. I think there is/was a Mariott fairly nearby the airport tho, as far as hotels go.

Comment

No I'm not having a Homer Simpson moment

I'll admit to that being my very first thought when i saw the thread title

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          I'll admit to that being my very first thought when i saw the thread title
          As was mine...
          HUGE AL

Comment

Well having seen Manflyer and Danny Bhoy's reports on the airport and Doha maybe getting a 6 hour layover there is more of a Homer Simpson episode than I first thought DOH.

Comment

Lobster, if you want peace and tranquility at DOH, just head upstairs and away from the duty free shopping area downstairs...and bring a book. There are lots of seat everywhere and also just outside the lounge.

Make sure you can get your BP at AMM for the next leg as the transfer counter at DPH can be inadequately a manned and thus very slow.

I am not sure of what to do in Doha that time of the day but I can try to ask my colleagues - we have an office there.

Comment

Working...
              X