Early Planning System...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Planning System...

or perhaps "Early Warning System" is more appropriate considering the damage I inflicted on one member of the unsuspecting Singaporean public (There is a tale behind it, you'll have to read my forthcoming TR)....

I've already begun investigations for next years trip to KL or SIN.

I could fly SQ, but it's 3,300 GBP in an 772. Good, but not without it's drawbacks (like the backrest mechanism giving up halfway back to Man on Tuesday......
    For 2,400 GBP, I can fly Etihad in Pearl via AUH. Thing is, mileage will be stuck on a different FFP. tbh, I'm not seeing a win-win situation from this, because although I like SQ, 900 GBP is a fare bit of wedge to be spent elsewhere.......

Thoughts? Suggestions? Experiences?
    If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

SQ will be the best option, for convenience and experience on board. However, as you can see you will pay for that.

Have you checked QR (who are good and you can put the miles to a BD account) or options from (deep breath) LHR ?.

Comment

Well, this is interesting.......
      Against all logical reasoning......I checked flying LHR-SIN.....
      Comes up as a VS flight, operated by SQ....317 and 321/322 coming back = A380.......

As it would be in C/J, and being VS/SQ, this would translate to VS lounge access at LHR? And there's no difference in the experience on the ground at the other end?

Failing that, the QR option - mileage into BD (is that BMI diamond? I'm new here.....)
      Assuming I go that route, I could ship my Krisfyler miles into QR via BD and vice versa?
      I fancy QR, as it does mean airport transfer included. This is a major incentive as I don't have to face a cold taxi with an annoyed driver at 4am or an equally annoyed family member with disrupted beauty sleep......
      If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Comment

Working...
      X