Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA/Canada Trip Suggestions 2 Adults & 1 Child (age 12)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA/Canada Trip Suggestions 2 Adults & 1 Child (age 12)

I am trying to decide between two ways of getting to North America from Australia in December next year. With so many of you having travelled widely any opinions or suggestions as to which would be better would be very much appreciated and yes all would be in "Y".

Option 1

ADL/SIN - on SQ with overnight at Crowne Plaza
    SIN/NRT/LAX* - on SQ with 6 nights at Double Tree Guest Suites Anaheim
    LAX/YYC - on Westjet or Air Canada and then 3 weeks in Calgary/Banff
    YYC/YVR - surface with 1 night in Vancouver
    YVR/ICN/SIN - on SQ with 7 nights at Rasa Sentosa Resort
    SIN/ADL - on SQ (Home!!!!!)

* I am also looking at flying SIN/ICN/SFO to try out the 77W or maybe the A380 as an alternative to LAX and trying VX between SFO/LAX so as to avoid LAX Customs and Immigration

Option 2

ADL/AKL/LAX - on NZ with 6 nights at Double Tree Guest Suites Anaheim
    LAX/YYC - On AC (ticketed through NZ website)
    YYC/YVR - surface with 1 night in Vancouver
    YVR/HNL - On AC codeshare NZ (ticketed through NZ website) with 7 nights at the Hilton Hawaiian Village
    HNL/AKL/ADL - on NZ (Home!!)

If I fly SQ I know what to expect albeit a long way round but love the opportunity to s/o in Singapore on the way home. If I fly NZ less flying and have the opportunity to s/o in Honolulu.

Help

I'd pick option #2 because you guys will be at Anaheim. Your child will appreciate Disneyland.

Comment

i did not like NZ in Y at all and i am not (yet) spoiled by regular J class flying. flight-wise it would be #1. but given that it's you and your family, probably #2.
      Home is where your heart is.

Comment

I think the choice really comes down to whether you want to spend a few days in Singapore or Hawaii and that really only you can answer.

For the flights I would go for option 1 (well this SQ Talk). Although I think SFO is much better than LAX I don't think it is worth flying to SFO and transferring onto a domestic flight just to skip LAX immigration. However to try out the 77W and VX then maybe it is worth it (but will your family agree?).

Comment

Working...
        X