Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating Notebook RAM – advice?

Hi there.

I will buy 2x2GB RAM modules for my MacBook Pro (2.4GHz Mid-07). I wanted to know if it's worth it getting a 4GB set with 2 bars inside (more expensive) or just get 2 indentical 2GB RAM modules?

Ah ... the brands that I might buy are (SO-DIMM 4 GB DDR2-667 Kits):

79,99€ A-DATA
    72,99€ CRUCIAL
    72,99€ KINGSTON
    64,99€ TRANSCEND

which one offers me the best value (tho 10 euros are like ... whatever)? does it matter which ones i buy? i don't want my MBP running any hotter than it does now so ... *quick* yeah help would be very much apreciated!

Flo
    Home is where your heart is.

Same model MBP as me.
    I went with the Crucial memory kit, direct from Crucial's website.
    Cost to me was £58 GBP, all in, next day delivery.
    Took less than 4 minutes to fit.
    Bargain of the decade.
    Certainly, snappier responses, and that's saying something from a MBP!
    Very useful in the (increasinng) amount of video editing I'm doing here at work (crappy PC environment)
    If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Comment

thanks ordered the crucial now! thanks Javaman!

also 72 EUR and tomorrow they're here. perfecto.

Comment

Hey Flo

I'd stick to what your Mac was using. Like if its Kingston use back Kingston ram. You can always get a different type and increased capacity for what you are doing. I messed up one ram chip on my laptop because I originally had Corsair in there and switched to Kingston, one of the Kingston's fried.

Comment

well, i already ordered them and i don't really know which one my mbp uses. if javaman's ram is ok, mine should be ok as well ... that's actually a good thing with macs - if one does it, the other one will also do it ... but i will check back once i get my new rams

Comment

You should be extremely careful to use the same type of RAM if you plan to use it in dual channel mode (believe me... I've seen a grilled mainboard because some guy thought he needed to save €10 and buy Corsair instead of OCZ RAM- and it didn't smell nice either)
            Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

i bought a 4 gig kit with 2x 2gb rams by corsair, same series, same production line etc. so i figure it will be ok if it doesn't work, well you'll see it by me not posting anymore

Comment

Working...
              X