Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using the Google Chrome browser yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using the Google Chrome browser yet?

Just wondering - would be interested to hear your thoughts and whether i should hit the "download" button on it.

I wouldn't download Google Chrome just yet because not many websites are compatible with it. Give it more time for the compatibility to build up.

Comment

I'v been using it for around 5 hours, and yet to find a website that is fully incompatible, to an extent that can't be used or read. Actually I haven't got an compatible issues so far.

Comment

Nope.

There are news circulating that talk about some veeeery strange clauses in the user agreement you have that you have to sign before using this browser. On another note the browser has already been cracked (through DOS-attacks as well as through a method called 'carpet bombing').

And I've had my share of grief with early browser versions already (for example the early versions of Apple's Safari for Windows managed to kill my iTunes ) so I wasn't very keen on this one anyway...
        Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Google Chrome is not just a browser, so don't expect it to blow Firefox 3 out of the water. Its intended to be an operating system for Google Apps.

Comment

This technologically challenged person is waiting for the executive summary from people who know better before deciding whether or not to give it a go.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Seems like they edited the EULA.

Before
              11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.
              After
              11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services.
              While Chrome is still in public beta... there are many flaws to it and quite a number are security related. Uncovered this within 1 hr of aimless fiddling.

1. Automated downloading of executables. Free virus downloads!
              2. Nice big loop hole aka carpet bomb hole for *.exe files to run without user knowing at all.
              3. High memory leak. To think FF was bad... this is worst!
              4. Frequently accessing the harddisk at idle. I see lots of traffic spikes!
              5. Sites take longer to load for no reason.
              6. Javascript engine is non existent in features.

Comment

Downloaded it, but there isn't anything that Firefox doesn't have. I tried to have multiple tabs on and tried a few youtubes, somehow it was kinda lagging. Am back to Firefox.

However, I do like the minimal look, also u get extra space with the tab header all the way at the top of the screen - more space.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                  This technologically challenged person is waiting for the executive summary from people who know better before deciding whether or not to give it a go.

rather not- at least not atm...
                  Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Have not tried. I prefer to stick to IE and Safari, having frequently used both. On a little sidetrack, IE is a tad slow when compared to Safari (both on XP)

Comment

Working...
                    X