Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wooden style Dock for ipod (and beware buying the iPhone in HKG)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooden style Dock for ipod (and beware buying the iPhone in HKG)

If you're sick of the usual plastic/metal docks for your ipod, check this out:

http://www.monodo.jp/comonodo/index.html

Don't know about the rest of you, but I like them.

Sorry, I know that this post is slightly OT but a friend told me that the iPhone is not on sale in mainland China. Is that true? And is it available in Hongkong?

Thx in advance
    Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

iPhone definitely available in HKG. My friend just bought one from 3.

Comment

Since I'm the OP, I guess I can take it OT

Tried buying the 3G iphone in HKG last weekend. But almost got rip-offed so I though I'll share that experience with all of you.

Was quoted HKD4,500 for the 8GB version. I agreed to that and paid with my CC. They took it and instead of the usual running it through the CC machine (that had the usual complement of e-transaction machines), they took out the old Franked-type.

Took my CC and franked it but at the same time also copied my authorisation code down on it. That got me a little suspicious already....

Next, told me that I needed to wait 15 minutes while they took it from their warehouse. As I waiting, they starting talking that I needed to sign a contract. Hey, that was never mentioned originally when I asked for it. Now they wanted HKD9,000 for the iphone if I wanted to buy it without contract. I was upset now and told them in that case, I no longer want it since they would not come clean with me right from the start.

Got the franked copy of the CC back, walked out of the shop and called my bank back in SIN and cancelled the card immediately.

I went to a couple more shops and found out that some of them practice this sneaky not telling you about the contract thing. The honest ones were quoting 9-9,800 for it without contracts.

So, for all of you considering an i-phone in HKG. Just be aware of what's going on.

Comment

9V, you'll be pleased to know that the iPhone 3G comes out through Singtel on the 22nd of August (pre-registration ends today where they'll hold a unit for you if you accept their price).

I guess you may not be so pleased if you're not on Singtel.

No prices announced thus far.

Comment

Its free with the highest-end contract ($95 I think).

Comment

Highest-end contract is $200+

Outright, the cheapest way to get an iPhone is to get a 8GB <$1150 (iirc $1134 or $1136) with 3-months @ $98 per month.

Minimum 3 months is what they'll charge, so might as well also get 3 months usage out of it.

16GB is around $1296 outright with a 3-months cancellation. Calculations are all inclusive.

Comment

Got my 16GB for just S$49. Monthly subscription just S$77.50 (my plan is no longer offered at that price though....) The 8GB would have been free for me as well

Comment

Working...
                X