TK or AY in J?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TK or AY in J?

I may need to do a quick trip to Europe on personal expense. Not sure I want to shell out $9k for SQ J. TG is my default & preferred "cheaper" option - a good 40-50% less than SQ, but seats are not always available at short notice.

Searching around, TK (Turkish) and AY (Finnair) also come in around the same price points +/-. I haven't flown either in any class.

Between the two (and assuming FFP alliance is not a factor), which is the likely better option in J?

Thanks in advance.

Btw I am considering other options, such as QR J and the new QF Premium Y. But I specifically posted the question on TK and AY cos I have very little info on those two options.

Comment

IIRC, the TK(*A) A343s have a new J class fitting similar to the spacebeds. Not sure about AY though, the A343s might be using the old VS interior.

Comment

I thought AY stopped flying to SIN?
        Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Originally posted by up and away View Post
          I thought AY stopped flying to SIN?
          Did they? I'm only going by the info on: http://www.airfares.com.sg/airfares/..._ay_europe.htm

Comment

AY are good in J, but I also thought they stopped SIN and just flew to BKK now.. Haven't flown TK.

Have you checked MH ?. They have some fabulous J deals on at the moment, particularly from SGN and BKK. Haven't checked SIN but presume it will be more expensive.

Comment

Thanks to all for your input. I finally managed to get my best option - TG J at an acceptable price, ex-SIN. And 400% + 25% base miles on BD as I'm over 55k status miles this year...

Comment

Working...
              X