Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dom or Krug?

Any guesses?

Last edited by getonline; 17 July 2008, 03:54 AM.

seriously?

with that many pearls i'd say this is a clear case of food (...) photography. alas it was probably apple juice, perhaps mixed with some tap water in order to get the color straigt and some photoshop added pearls

my guess.

but seriously ... i have no clue
    Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN
      What has the post got to do with Singapore Airlines?

getonline, do consider reducing your picture dimensions for your other future post.

First off, don't you see the 'F' on the glassware indicating SQ First? Second, it's not a large photo, file size wise. It's large to see the details (in case that helps).

This is a tongue in cheek post - related to SQ because everyone seems to talk about which is better - Krug or Dom - in First.

So angry..sheesh.

Comment

Sorry..just not sure what you're reacting to here, and why you're upset over this post? I just returned from a round the world trip in First, mostly on SQ....and I'm still excited about the experience.

Personally, I preferred Dom to Krug (but that doesn't mean this is a glass of Dom).
        Last edited by getonline; 17 July 2008, 03:07 AM.

Comment

i think what they were trying to say is that you should probably stick to some standard netiquette to make life around here more pleasurable. things that don't really have anything to do with 'what goes around' SQ don't really belong in this channel. nobody is upset or so, just advising that everything has got its order so don't feel offended, just post the next post that's not directly linked to SQ into another subforum.

plus: the dimension of the picture is really bothersome. i am on a 24' widescreen monitor and have to stretch my safari window to over 2/3rd of the monitor width to look at it full screen. it blows up the forum dimensions. so the next time you post a big picture, a link to an external source would be better than a direct picture in the post.

i hope you had a great time on your RTW! i am sure you had, flying on SQ

Comment

Changed the photo dimensions...sorry about that.

Feel free to move this wherever.

It was Krug. Sorry to have ruined someone's day.

Thanks for your clarification Florian (always enjoy your posts, your sunny disposition, and your enthusiasm over all aspects of the traveling experience).

Here's the original photo:

P.S. I'm having a really s***** day, so I'm probably reading way too much into SQFAN's comments. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by getonline View Post
              ...Thanks for your clarification Florian (always enjoy your posts, your sunny disposition, and your enthusiasm over all aspects of the traveling experience). ...
              Cheers for taking feedback well . Clearly your post was motivated by a fantastic SQ experience. Please do give us some more details about the trip.

In the meantime, I'm moving this thread to the General Forum, and wait eagerly for your account of your RTW.

jjpb3

P.S. I hope your day improves soon.

P.P.S. I prefer Krug on the ground, Dom in the air.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I'll simply go with Dom- because it's always good to have an opinion that isn't based on anything
                Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

I prefer Dom as well. But I actually prefer a good white wine over champagne. Although on the rare occassions I get to experience SQ F I kind off feel obliged to have a couple of glasses of Dom.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                    I prefer Dom as well. But I actually prefer a good white wine over champagne. Although on the rare occassions I get to experience SQ F I kind off feel obliged to have a couple of glasses of Dom.
                    I'm not a big drinker, and I hate how dehydrated and crappy I feel when I drink. But...as you say...how often are you offered a newly opened bottle of $200 champagne!

I usually order a coke. So sad. What a waste.

But, I'm 6'6" tall (and my wife is 5'11"), so the legroom makes up for the lack of massive dom/krug consumption.

Comment

Krug person here - prefer the aroma.
                      DP can get a little too sweet after a few glasses. Won't say no if offered though!

Favourite champagnes in the air thus far are Perrier-Jouet Belle Epoque 96 and Charles Heidsieck Blanc des Millenaires 95.

But really I am not overly fussed.
                      Last edited by KeithMEL; 17 July 2008, 05:02 AM.
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I had an 18 month period where I got to travel in SQ F fairly regularly but for most of that time I had a liver infection and could not drink. Got to say I still loved SQ F (although I love it even more now that my liver is fine again and I can drink).

Comment

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
                          i think what they were trying to say is that you should probably stick to some standard netiquette to make life around here more pleasurable. things that don't really have anything to do with 'what goes around' SQ don't really belong in this channel. nobody is upset or so, just advising that everything has got its order so don't feel offended, just post the next post that's not directly linked to SQ into another subforum.

plus: the dimension of the picture is really bothersome. i am on a 24' widescreen monitor and have to stretch my safari window to over 2/3rd of the monitor width to look at it full screen. it blows up the forum dimensions. so the next time you post a big picture, a link to an external source would be better than a direct picture in the post.

i hope you had a great time on your RTW! i am sure you had, flying on SQ
                          You have to stretch the safari window to over 2/3rds of the monitor to see all of it? Looks like you don't have a 24" screen
                          You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

sure do, he just made the photo smaller

Comment

Working...
                            X