Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel Agent in London?

Hi all,

I seem to be having really bad luck with various travel agents that I have been using in London. The have managed to mix up bookings on multiple occasions!

I am looking at booking a one-way journey to Auckland from London in July 2009 with a stop over in LAX for about three weeks to visit relatives from my wife and I.

Can anybody suggest a good/competitively priced travel agent in central or Northwest London?

Note: I have tried the NZ multi-stop booking engine, but prices have gone through the roof (June – approx GBP1200 and July GBP1700). This may be due to the fuel surcharges and general price increases that have occurred over the last month.

Thanks in advance.

when I do use a TA I use Lee's Travel (www.leestravel.com , 0871 855 3388 ), and their office is at Edgeware Road (the zone 1 one) .

They haven't managed to mess anything up for me as yet but I could well be lucky. One thing though, is that their policies regarding date changes can be a little onerous, so be sure to clarify the policy beforehand.

It seems that you're looking to fly ANZ, so I thought Lee's would be good as they offer fairly competitive fares on both SQ and NZ.

Their online booking engine is rubbish, so I'd recommend calling instead.

I hope this helps

Comment

Another agent I used when I was in London for SQ tickets is Emerald Travel.
      Dont know if they are still around. Good service.

Comment

Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
        when I do use a TA I use Lee's Travel (www.leestravel.com , 0871 855 3388 ), and their office is at Edgeware Road (the zone 1 one) .

I have known the Lee family since the 70's when they were operating in Kilburn.
        I use to book all my flights home through them.
        Never had problems with bookings/their prices
        Simon and Jasmine have taken over the travel business.
        Very nice family.

Comment

Agree with all. Lees and Emerald are both good. I have used Lees since my student days many moons ago. Lees nearly always undercuts SQ and Emerald on SQ flights but usually only by a small amount. They have expanded over the last few years, so service is slightly less personal but overall no complaints. Off-topic, the same family also run the popular Singapore Garden restaurant on Fairfax Road.

I have also used Trailfinders before and have always enjoyed their service. Their prices are not too bad either.

Comment

Back when I was a uni student (early 90's), Lee's Travel and Emerald were well known amonst Singaporean and Malaysian students as the places to go for SQ/MH fares.

Comment

Thanks guys for the great responses.

I live in West Hampstead in London so Lees and Emerald appear to be good bets.

On the subject of the Singapore Garden restaurant – it is walking distance from our flat in West Hampstead! While the food is not cheap, quality is good and service is brilliant!

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X