Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look what I found! Pics from all over.. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DinkumDave View Post
    Ha ha nickbot - good spot!

Well it made me laugh too, so welcome to the club!

I also see that the town of "East Leake" is very appropriately placed
    Nicely spotted, I'd missed the significance of East Leake!!

On a personal note, some of the places on your map bring back happy memories for me. I used to live in Beeston. I remember back then the pubs used to close at 10.30pm, so we would make a mad dash to Long Eaton where, being over the county boundary, they would close 30 minutes later. Just enough time for one more

Ah, the joys of a mis-spent youth!
    Just down the road from me, it's a small world

Comment

Got myself a new printer c/w scanner and started looking at my old pictures, scanning them into my Mac.... here's what I found,

First time flying, a Thai, that was in Dec 1975, school scouts trip to Thailand, picture was taken when we were on a stopover at Subang Airport.

This is how Subang Airport looked like in 1975
      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

This must be my first SQ flight, to Manila in 1976, boarding from the tail at Paya Lebar Airport.

Comment

Very nice pics kapitan

Comment

Flipping through some photos I've taken over the course of the last few days in Beijing. Got lots of material for this thread!
            The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Amazing! You look almost the same today as you did 30+years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                U wanna know where the fountain of youth is located???

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  Are you trying to say he looked old 30 years ago?

Very nice pictures though...

Comment

Thanks for the memories, Kapitan. 1975 was my first flight from Subang-Payar Lebar on a 737 seated in the cockpit end to end. Embarrassing moment: no one instructed me on how to buckle up on the jump seat (a tad more complicated than a normal pax seat) and I was still struggling with it when the plane took off.

Comment

• Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                      This must be my first SQ flight, to Manila in 1976, boarding from the tail at Paya Lebar Airport
                      kapitan, were we on the same flight 36 years ago?!

Upon seating, this b727 remembers the flight steward coming around with a tray of welcome drinks which included sparkling wine, beer, orange juice, water.

Do you remember what meal they served you on board? I remember it like it was yesterday! A choice of either a cold roast chicken platter or a cold roast beef platter, both garnished with black olives and parsley

In spite of having taken motion sickness pills, I succumbed to pressurization and turbulence and threw up The air hostess was so nice, she offered to ta pao an extra meal, but my grandmother declined, thinking I would be better off having my next meal on terra firma The Singapore Girl consoled me with my own B727 model kit, some playing cards, and a mini backgammon set!

It was a multiracial, multilingual crew which truly represented the best of Singapore in the 70s. I remember the steward conversing with my grandfather in English while the Singapore Girl air hostess chatted with my grandmother in Hokkien. My grandfather is no longer with us now, but he never imagined that the grandchild he took on trips will, over three decades later, emulate him by walking into an SIA office on a Saturday morning, book flights with his preferred charge/credit card (albeit online ), and check in at the airport to fly on his favorite airline, SIA
                      Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• Somebody needs to tell EK that it's MUCH easier to board an aircraft when it's not moving...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          Somebody needs to tell EK that it's MUCH easier to board an aircraft when it's not moving...
                          Where's the fun in that?

Comment

Somebody needs to tell EK that it's MUCH easier to board an aircraft when it's not moving...
                            I think it means that the plane is bellydancing! 74 mph corresponds to the speed of the belly undulations/activities in the belly/cargo hold area

Comment

• Originally posted by B727 View Post
                              I think it means that the plane is bellydancing! 74 mph corresponds to the speed of the belly undulations/activities in the belly/cargo hold area
                              No wonder they had wing crack issues

Comment

No wonder they had wing crack issues
                                Yes, not enough yoga

Comment

Working...
                                X