The Comedy Awards Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This line made my day!

Some airlines "just don't get it", one traveller noted, and should travel on Singapore Airlines "to see how it is done".
    quoted from:
    http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-...=1270019265409

I would have definitely said the same
    Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

Just saw this on Youtube. Although it is a parody by MadTV, to what extent will this become a reality seeing as how many airlines have been cutting corners recently....
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Skytrax 2010 awards

You make your own conclusions

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/main/2010Awards.htm

The top 10 places in the 2010 Airline of the Year :

1. Asiana Airlines
        2. Singapore Airlines
        3. Qatar Airways
        4. Cathay Pacific
        5. Air New Zealand
        6. Etihad Airways
        7. Qantas Airways
        8. Emirates
        9. Thai Airways
        10. Malaysia Airlines

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          I'm glad to see SQ is still in the top three, although I would have loved to have SQ in first place.
          A friend of mine flew with OZ about a month ago and said he wasn't too satisfied with the service in Y.
          Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            Indeed. ALL awards are Comedy Awards (or complete bollox to describe them correctly), that's why we have a Master Thread.

Comment

According to OZ, Skytrax is a "Nobel Prize" in aviation industry.

Comment

Originally posted by lee_apromise View Post
                ROFL!
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Looks to me like my national carrier also sees it as a "Nobel Prize" as the CEO of GA mentions it in the following video just after the re-launch of GA A332 flights to AMS:

CLICK "I AGREE" TO WATCH THE VIDEO

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
                  No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                  I AGREE

Comment

Chincha?!

Neeh, gojomgmasaeyo
                    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Hotel Bel-Air Has Been Closed for a Year But It Still Made T+L's Best Hotels List

http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/20...st_Hotels_List

Hotel Bel-Air Has Been Closed for a Year But It Still Made T+L's Best Hotels List

Once again, we find ourselves confused by a World's Best list from Travel + Leisure. The magazine has just released its 2011 T+L 500 guide which always makes us giddy as we love seeing which hotels are hot and which are not. But when we noticed that the best hotel in Los Angeles is the Hotel Bel-Air, it felt like someone popped the pretty balloon we had been holding. And then knocked over our ice cream too.

That's because the Hotel Bel-Air has been closed for over a year for extensive renovations. It is not expected to reopen until July.

So, how did this happen? According to T+L, the 2011 T+L 500 guide is "based on 2010 World's Best Awards readers' survey results. As part of the survey, Travel + Leisure readers rated hotels on several characteristics including rooms/facilities, location, service, restaurants/food, and value."

So this must mean that T+L readers are voting based on their pre-2010 experiences at the hotel. And we're not so sure that those experiences are ones we'd like to have.

Comment

Not that it is needed in any way, but yet another example of what we've been saying for a while : Travel awards are complete bollox.
                        Last edited by MAN Flyer; 15 December 2010, 05:00 PM.

Comment

This will be good for many more laughs!

http://intransit.blogs.nytimes.com/2...rating-system/

January 17, 2011, 1:00 PM
                          TripAdvisor Debuts Airline Rating System
                          By DAN SALTZSTEIN

Part of the new airline rating process on Tripadvisor.com.
                          For more than a decade, TripAdvisor.com has been a popular Web site for users to rate hotels, restaurants and activities. Now it has added airlines to the roster of ratable items. The new feature, which debuted last week as part of TripAdvisor Flights, the site’s online flight search tool, allows travelers to add feedback on airlines in eight categories, as part of their booking process.

“It’s something we’ve always wanted to do,” said Bryan Saltzburg, general manager of TripAdvisor Flights. “We’re giving customers all the right tools to make the best decision possible.”

The categories, which users can rate on a scale of 1 to 5, include baggage handling, the check-in experience, in-flight amenities, in-flight service, punctuality, reasonableness of fares, seat comfort and general value. In turn, travelers conducting flight searches on TripAdvisor Flight are now able to see user ratings for various carriers and can filter flight results by airline ratings. (You must be a TripAdvisor member, and reside in the U.S. or Great Britain, to add ratings.)

Though the functionality debuted on Monday, Jan. 10, the site seeded the ratings via solicited surveys of American and British travelers, though Mr. Saltzburg said that thousands of reviews had been posted in the first few days. He added the site has “extensive checks in place” to combat any attempts to skew reviews. “We have an entire team dedicated to managing the reviews that come in to our system,” he said.

He also noted that a majority of the airlines ratings skews quite positive. “Surprisingly, our customers think quite favorably of the airline industry,” he said. As of Wednesday, the highest rated domestic carrier was JetBlue, with a favorable rating of 97 percent; Spirit Airlines was last among domestic carriers with a favorable rating of 48 percent.

Comment

SQ second in world's best-looking cabin crew

Yeeeaaaahhhh... *in a non-celebratory fashion* (no pun intended)

http://www.cnngo.com/explorations/li...572887?cnn=yes

Comment

Originally posted by oxymoron1984 View Post
                              Yeeeaaaahhhh... *in a non-celebratory fashion* (no pun intended)

http://www.cnngo.com/explorations/li...572887?cnn=yes
                              That has to be the worst sample I have seen. Results mean nothing.
                              Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Comment

Amongst 1000 British travellers.

Brilliant survey.

I bet MAN Flyer voted for SQ

Comment

Working...
                                X