Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new tactic by Japanese Customs...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7419969.stm

A customs officer hid a package of the banned narcotic in a side pocket of a randomly chosen suitcase in order to test airport security.

Sniffer dogs failed to detect the cannabis and the officer could not remember which bag he had put it in.
    Customs are supposed to stop you getting this stuff into the country, not put it in your bags for you!
    matt_will_fix_it

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7419969.stm

Customs are supposed to stop you getting this stuff into the country, not put it in your bags for you!
    I wonder who's the lucky one getting free drugs

Comment

i hope it was not my bag
      Home is where your heart is.

Comment

I just hope the unlucky pax who's had the drugs hidden doesn't next visit the UAE!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7234786.stm

Comment

This is one of the reasons why I like my Rimowa -- no outside pockets for acts of mischief!
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            This is one of the reasons why I like my Rimowa -- no outside pockets for acts of mischief!
            Very good point.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              I just hope the unlucky pax who's had the drugs hidden doesn't next visit the UAE!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7234786.stm
              Or Singapore
              Or Vietnam
              Or Indonesia

Don't they have to ask the passenger before putting something in your bag?

I'd never ever agree on having such a thing put into my bag because if some of this stuff touches some of the stuff you've put in that pocket (a pen or something like that) and the police does a random drug sample you've got a HUGE problem!!!
              Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

OMG..this is certainly worrying. Roll-onboard is the way to go.

Comment

WOW! 142g $20/g (CAD) $2840!

Don't ask how i know the price, its just common knowledge on campus.

Comment

I've had "stuff" put in my bag by a customs officer in Australia (and no they don't have to ask). Fortunately the dog did find it.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                      OMG..this is certainly worrying. Roll-onboard is the way to go.
                      Tends not to be an option, I find, if you want to have some sessions in the gym at your destination. Or if you know you'll succumb to the shopping bug.
                      Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                      I've had "stuff" put in my bag by a customs officer in Australia (and no they don't have to ask). Fortunately the dog did find it.
                      I wouldn't have been amused.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                        How did you know about it?

Comment

I spotted him doing it.

I've also spotting something being slipped into my carry-on at security screening. Nearly caused me to miss my flight as the trainee had to go through proper routine of checking the bag by hand to verify it (and remove).

Comment

Oh I see. Just hope there are no particulate residue left on your bag.

Comment

That bag has travelled a few hundred thousand miles and been swabbed at security more than a few time since, so I think I'm safe now.

Comment

Working...
                              X