• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KUL-SIN High Speed Rail link put on hold

Shame really.....

article here

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story...253&sec=nation

That's really too bad.

With the demise of the pseudo-First Class on SQ, a high-speed train link would have been a great option to have.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      With the demise of the pseudo-First Class on SQ, a high-speed train link would have been a great option to have.
      It would have been a fine addition even if SQ had kept their F service.

That'd have given all the airlines a run for the money...

Comment

This will have to wait till the domestic political turmoil plays out...
        A project of this size requires huge under-the-table 'grease' ; ), and no one is gonna grease the current lot if they could be out soon.

Comment

well this talk about a high-speed train link have been on the table for many many years - but anyway liberalise more for LCCs would be sufficient to bring the fare down more so and there maybe also something like a LCC shuttle (like the SQ-MH shuttle) once the govts allows more LCC flights and this will make travelling between SIN-KUL so much more convenient.

Comment

Puhleeeease.... Ask KTMB to make their trains more on time and upgrade the current locomotives... I like what my boss once told me... get your basics right 1st

Comment

think KTM is not able to reduce much its travelling time between KUL n SIN on its trains - as its not just locomotives, but the whole infrastructure needs to be upgraded n changed - ie in replacing old tracks and perhaps should also change to broad guage, single-line tracks with double-tracking, n new coaches - all these would costs much much more than the amountneeeded for the proposed new hi speed train.
              meantime, LCCs with cheaper fares are still the way to go for a long time if speed is the concern.

Comment

Personally, even if the travelling time from SG - KL was cut to 2 - 2.5 hours, I would think a huge chunk of moolah would be diverted to trains. I mean, it heads direct to the City, and one can easily do a turn-around trip for business meetings.
                Life's A Bitch,
                Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Working...
                X