Overnight options in Stockholm ARN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overnight options in Stockholm ARN

As the title suggests, I was wondering if anyone had experience of overnighting in ARN?

mrs nickbot & I will be there from circa 01:00 to 06:40 when our onward flight to FRA departs. According to their website, the LH Lounge doesn't open until 05:45 (having shut at 23:00), so we're faced with either paying quite a high rate for what will amount to perhaps only four hours in a hotel room, or sleeping in the terminal. Whilst I do have *some* experience of sleeping in terminals (!), I know that we'll both be pretty groggy after a poor night's sleep.

Once at FRA, we have 9 hours in which to sample the delights of the FCL and FCT before our onward LH F trip. I'm kind of thinking we can catch some sleep there, but perhaps it would be foolhardy to forego a proper bed at ARN first, which would prepare us better for our first ever F experience?

Thoughts and advice most appreciated!

No experience with airport hotels in ARN myself.

How about this? http://www.accorhotels.com/accorhote...he_hotel.shtml

I take it that there's no cheap and cheerful Holiday Inns then?

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
      ...I take it that there's no cheap and cheerful Holiday Inns then?
      Thanks phaleesy, it seems that my reputation for HI and HIX's is well known in these parts! Unfortunately there aren't any IC chain properties near ARN, however we've opted to take a slightly earlier flight out of LHR and have booked a room at a transit hotel of sorts (I say "of sorts", as it has communal bathrooms! ) At least we should get a clear 5-6 hours sleep, even though you have to make your own bed (pre-made beds are £5 extra per person )

In case another SQTalker (who I know will also be passing through ARN later in the year) would like to follow our example, details can be found at http://www.restandfly.com/_eng/, however I think this might not quite be fitting for a lady of such refinement

Comment

Working...
      X