Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently, SQTalkers are mostly "Whiners"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently, SQTalkers are mostly "Whiners"!

Well.. According to a member on Airliners.net called “Ryanair”. Most of us SQTlakers are huge ‘whiners’.
    Read how a thread about SQ PPS degenerates into complaining about ‘whiners’!
    Quite amusing actually, as it seems they themselves are whining on about something quite trivial, an airline industry standard product.
    However, its something that seems to REALLY bother them/Ryanair!

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/3920264/

Here is his quote:-

“Since we are on the topic about FF-ers and their whiny self, let me refer you forum members to the epitome of Singapore Airlines' Whiners personified.... It is a website dedicated to the frequent fliers of this award winning airline and her supporters.

Granted not everyone whines about everything but some of the complains inside are simply laughable. But that being said, there are many constructive defends also inside by industry insiders as well. Happy reading..

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/index.php”

'I travel a lot for work...I am Krisflyer Silver...' . airliners.net

We were only saying the other week that some think we are a bunch of moaning bar stewards and others think we are a bunch a SQ sycophants who will hear no wrong about them.

I suppose the truth lies somewhere in between.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      airliners.net
      What's that?

I only know kiddiestalkingaboutplanes.net or kiddiessnappingphotosofplanes.net

*dons flame proof suit*
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

There are some reputable members amongst airliners.net, notably myself. It's not as bad as the stereotype makes it out to be!

Comment

Oh well

To each their own.
          Last edited by SQflyergirl; 8 April 2008, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
            There are some reputable members amongst airliners.net, notably myself. It's not as bad as the stereotype makes it out to be!
            Sure. But A.netters really have to complain about whining on SQtalk- especially if you see that like 70% of the threads presented on their main page are something like

"The A380 will fall out of the sky if they ever manage to deliver more than 3 of it"
            "The 748i will never ever get delivered"
            "Airbus is way better than Boeing"
            "Airbus stinks, Boeing rules"
            "Airbus will go bust before the A350XWB-rollout"
            "The 787 will crash&burn"

*Goes into hiding, asks KeithMEL for a flame proof suit*
            Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Let's not start a slagging match here guys.

I think some mutual respect is in order.

be it A.net or MW or 9V or CXT or FT - we're all loosely (and i use this word liberally) bound by a love of everything to do with air transport (again, a very broad brush here). If these sites didn't exist, I'd be worse off.

I'm a tad disappointed at that gentleman's statements, but again, to each his own.
              Having said that, I do hope that we can all rise above this.

Slagging is for kids.

Healthy discussion and debate, on the other hand, are for grown ups.

We much prefer the latter here at SQTalk.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                be it A.net or MW or 9V or CXT or FT
                What's MW ?

Slagging is for kids.
                ... and change one letter for adults.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  What's MW ?
                  Malaysianwings
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

What's MW ?:
                    MW?

... and change one letter for adults.
                    Oh yes, jhm Not with some of the UK kids here. They have been at it earlier than I have.

Comment

So...Do you know a guy who is Guru or something in a.net. He was popular in the a.net back in 98's.

Comment

He used to work for Singapore Airlines.

Comment

Let's not start a slagging match here guys.

I think some mutual respect is in order.

be it A.net or MW or 9V or CXT or FT - we're all loosely (and i use this word liberally) bound by a love of everything to do with air transport (again, a very broad brush here). If these sites didn't exist, I'd be worse off.

I'm a tad disappointed at that gentleman's statements, but again, to each his own.
                          Having said that, I do hope that we can all rise above this.

Slagging is for kids.

Healthy discussion and debate, on the other hand, are for grown ups...
                          Well said & thank you.

Comment

haha. I am on Airliners myself (nick: landingshortly) and honestly, I don't really think we whine more than they do. I only whine about everybody here flying in premium classes and postig pictures (which I love!) ... and me being jealous
                            Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Working...
                            X