Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gurkha guards at Airport

Hi folks,

I noticed that the Gurkha guards at Changi airport no longer wear a brown hat but wears a brown beret instead.
    Anybody know the reason for the change of head gear ?

Originally posted by acey View Post
    Hi folks,

I noticed that the Gurkha guards at Changi airport no longer wear a brown hat but wears a brown beret instead.
    Anybody know the reason for the change of head gear ?

Perhaps stop one of them, smile, greet and then ask. Make sure you don;t make sudden moves.

Comment

I think in an environment like the Airport, a beret would suit it more. Just my opinion.
      I have also never noticed any Gurkhas wearing their traditional hat while patrolling the airport despite me being a "frequent customer" of the airport as my dad flies around a lot.

In fact, I only noticed Gurkhas patrolling the airport like late last year.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SGA View Post

In fact, I only noticed Gurkhas patrolling the airport like late last year.
        They have been around for a while for sure.
        Incidentally, soldiers from infantry battalion seems to have been withdrawn. Maybe focusing their attention on Jurong Island !!

Comment

It must be a bit boring just walking around Changi with a gun?

Comment

Be careful when looking at the mirrors in the airport........
            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
              It must be a bit boring just walking around Changi with a gun?
              Well lots of equally boring jobs at the airport - lounge dragon, taxi traffic controller, toilet cleaner are some that I can think of that falls into this category. At least the guards are contributing to national security !

Comment

hehe, Indeed. True.

Comment

Originally posted by acey View Post
                  Well lots of equally boring jobs at the airport - lounge dragon, taxi traffic controller, toilet cleaner are some that I can think of that falls into this category. At least the guards are contributing to national security !
                  Well, I'd much rather do without the guards than without traffic controllers or toilet cleaners!!!!
                  Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Working...
                  X