• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
    Congratulations for your new possesion!

No wonder the trip report got delayed!
    Grrr!

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
    U have problems typing on the smaller keyboard?? I have a Asus eeePC900.

Saw the 901 in Kuala Lumpur selling at about 700++ Sg dollars... cheaper then in SIN.
    I haven't done any serious typing on it yet, but did spend about an hour chatting on MSN; it does take a little bit of getting used to (especially the right shift key, which is in the wrong place!), but it's certainly more than usable Mine cost £299 (circa 750 SG$) which I think is reasonable for the package you get. By way of endorsement, mrs nickbot (who is characteristically against the internet!) quite fancies one now,...they do one in pink, so that might be a perfect Christmas present

Comment

Maybe I should get one of the ASUS eeePC too! Looks good and handy for travelling.

Comment

Originally posted by ●ᴗ● View Post
        Maybe I should get one of the ASUS eeePC too! Looks good and handy for travelling.

Probably I should buy one as well for backup- my desktop's quadcore grilled itself today
        Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

big reccomendation

Originally posted by ●ᴗ● View Post
          i got a PC901 speifically for travelling (fits in hand luggage ) and have had no probs at all....

apart fro small keys and fat fingers
          Have we flown/are we flying together ?

http://www.ba97.com/ba97/calendar/re...?handle=dukesy

Comment

If anyone's in the market for a netbook, check out Lenovo S10. It's a 10-incher and smaller than the Asus EEE 1000. It's cheaper too. I got one (even though I already had the Asus 700/900 previously) in Changi last night for SGD 748.

Comment

Originally posted by andySYD View Post
              If anyone's in the market for a netbook, check out Lenovo S10. It's a 10-incher and smaller than the Asus EEE 1000. It's cheaper too. I got one (even though I already had the Asus 700/900 previously) in Changi last night for SGD 748.
              Do report back on your experiences with it, andySYD. That sounds like a really good find.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

How long does its battery last? Is its keyboard better/worse than the Asus ones? Do you have XP or the Linux OS?

I know, many questions. But this does indeed sound interesting!
                Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Contenders so far for 10" : MSI Wind, EEPC 1000H, Advent 4211, Medion Akoya E1210. Advent 4211 (MSI clone with XP) is SGD $700. From what I can gather, the Lenovo has 2 USB instead of 3.
                  Last edited by SQFAN; 23 September 2008, 04:06 AM.

Comment

I would also check out the Mini-Note by HP. Just got one recently, 1.6Ghz processor, 2 GB of ram and a 120GB hardrive. Not too bad in terms of the price as it is quite comparable to the EEEpc. It came loaded with vista and office97. It runs pretty well.

Comment

And in case anyone is thinking of an Acer AspireONE, there are tons for sale below retail on Singapore auction sites or computer forums. A local ISP ran a promo giving them away as freebies.

Comment

Originally posted by inkoherent View Post
                        And in case anyone is thinking of an Acer AspireONE, there are tons for sale below retail on Singapore auction sites or computer forums. A local ISP ran a promo giving them away as freebies.
                        How much and where please?

Comment

Originally posted by Javaman View Post
                          Just to take issue with the comments about the macbook air being better than a Macbook pro.......it's horses for courses, rather than a clear-cut victory.
                          Agreed and even more so after the latest update of the MacBook and MacBook Pro. I lusted after one last week and several trips to the Apple Store later, have given in to temptation - now counting the days. Hurry up, Apple! Still nothing ?

Comment

Test drove (at my friend's computer store) all the mini net books last saturday.

Clear winner for me is the Lenovo S10.
                            The Wind, AspireOne, Dell mini-12, EEE1001 (which i went next door to test ) all are very nice, but for me the all round package of the lenovo (which includes the price factor) - is hard to resist. If i had a wee bit more money, i'd plump for the HP

As it turns out, I have money for none, so I'll just watch from the side

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                              Agreed and even more so after the latest update of the MacBook and MacBook Pro. I lusted after one last week and several trips to the Apple Store later, have given in to temptation - now counting the days. Hurry up, Apple! Still nothing ?
                              So which one did you opt for? I was going to throw down for the new Sony:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...tegoryId=16154

and even did a mock up of a comparison chart to the MacAir. Sony had more ports, more SSD space, and the internal Blu-Ray burner. But it was the price of two MacAir's (will I REALLY use this Blu-Ray drive or just load movies onto the hard drive?)...and I've really fallen in love with Apple's (old NeXT) OS. Windows just kills me at how bogged down it is. Even with a slightly major glitch when upgrading to OS 10.5.5 (got the blinking question mark folder and had to boot off the secondary RAID drive, but all was good after I let the Mac Pro sit shut down for an hour), I still love it a million times more than MS.
                              HUGE AL

Comment

I am quite happy with my recent acquisition: Sony VAIO Z17 which I bought at SIN T3.
                                Nicely sized, good performance and more than enough HD space.

Comment

Working...
                                X