Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six best Chinese restaurants in the world (according to SilverKris) ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six best Chinese restaurants in the world (according to SilverKris) ...

... includes one in London that's familiar to some LON Doers.

See? I don't lead y'all astray when you visit.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    See? I don't lead y'all astray when you visit.
    (And looking forward to trying GBK on your recommendation... )

Where and what are the other five ? (Although of course these top five/ten/etc best in the world are highly highly subjective...)

Comment

The other restaurants are located in:
      • New York City
      • Delhi
      • Hong Kong
      • Beijing
      • Shanghai

Can you guess which restaurants they are? (Not fair to peek in the current edition of SilverKris.)

Comment

Gosh, I don't have a clue and where do you start by saying which restaurant is "best" in the whole of HK, Beijing or Shanghai ?!?

Comment

PF Chang's surely??

All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
            PF Chang's surely??

I don't have my SilverKris with me, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't on the list.

Comment

Delhi??? Is that a joke??!!

I'm told that there's a very good new Chinese restaurant at the Hyatt, but it's a huge leap of imagination to think that one of Top-6 Chinese restaurants in the world is in Delhi...

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post

I'm told that there's a very good new Chinese restaurant at the Hyatt, but it's a huge leap of imagination to think that one of Top-6 Chinese restaurants in the world is in Delhi...
                Shocked me too, but I guess that became the writer's prerogative when h/she was asked to write the article. De gustibus non est disputandum.

Comment

So on this rather dubious list, the Delhi entry is China Kitchen at the Grand Hyatt??

Comment

Nothing is shocking anymore Sir milehighj

In this world...the best cuisines are found in the most 'unlikely' places.

For eg:

Best Egg Tarts in SFO.

The most licensed Indian restaurants (not to mention the best) in the world are found in LON

We just need to embrace globalization and travel more to broaden our horizons

Pls *** forget, China is just next to India
                    Last edited by SQ LPP; 14 February 2008, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ Solitaire View Post
                      Best Egg Tarts in SFO.
                      Really ? Now who on here is next passing through SFO on his/her way to LHR ?

Originally posted by SQ Solitaire View Post
                      The most licensed Indian restaurants (not to mention best) in the world are found in LON
                      ... although quite a lot of the Indian restaurants in this country (certainly most of those in Brick Lane) are actually run by Bangladeshis but we, Brits are just too blur to notice the difference!

Comment

So on this rather dubious list, the Delhi entry is China Kitchen at the Grand Hyatt??
                        Taipan in The Oberoi has consistently been rated the best

I have tried it

Comment

They have even opened an English Indian restaurant in India now so that Brits travelling to India can have curries just how they are used to them.

Comment

Delhi? Must be the best Indian-Chinese food....which, if you've ever tried it, is very different from Chinese food

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                              They have even opened an English Indian restaurant in India now so that Brits travelling to India can have curries just how they are used to them.
                              Great British creations like chicken tikka masala!

Similar to someone selling (what we call in the UK) Singapore noodles in Singapore I'd imagine!

Comment

Working...
                              X