Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile Phones - What Are You Currently Using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ744
    Just purchased a Nokia N80. I like the WLAN.
    How's the battery life on it?

I was debating to get that or the N73, although the tradeoff would have been Wi-Fi, smaller battery, sharper but smaller screen, and no autofocus for no Wi-Fi, bigger battery, autofocus, and bigger screen.

Comment

Anyone planning to get an iPhone when available ? Looks good save for the lack of 3G...

Comment

My new PDA-Phone is HTC P3600. Very nice. Photocamera is ok (also in the Camcorder mode), phone works well (both UMTS and GSM). Wifi is wonderful. Bluetooth complete.

GPS is included but not yet activated by HTC. Waiting for a new firmware from them.
        There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
        If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
          Anyone planning to get an iPhone when available ? Looks good save for the lack of 3G...
          For the first couple of hours during and after the announcement, I did....but then the reality set it.

I picked up a Sony Ericsson W810i Walkman phone last week. I think that'll do for now. I've been using the Nokia PC Suite to back up my phone contacts, but Sony Ericsson has its own PC Suite - does anyone know an easy way to move all (stored on the phone, not SIM) contacts from a Nokia to a Sony Ericsson?

Comment

Use your MS Outlook to sync your Nokia contacts into, then use it again to sync the data to your Sony Ericsson.
            I don't remember exactly what field (Office/Home/Business/etc.), but one of the phone fields from Nokia won't transfer to Sony Ericsson, so please check the result of the sync.

Be careful about the 'direction' of the data sync, not to override your current data with the blank one from the new phone. Hope this makes sense.
            Last edited by StarG; 11 January 2007, 02:36 PM.

Comment

I'm thinking about it, but I would like to test it out first. I absolutely hated the first generation touchscreens (like on the early SE P-series smartphones and on the tablet PCs) because they couldn't read my touches properly. I think I might just wait until they have 2100MHz 3G and let the others teeth the phone for me.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                Interesting that you mentioned that tri-band is not an ideal choice. I've used tribands (GSM900,1800,1900)in the US before so can you help explain more? Do you mean that having the 4th band GSM950 helps a whole lot?
                I'm hoping you meant GSM850 and NOT GSM950. The US Bands are GSM850 and 1900. Most of the 3G and EDGE are being deploy on 850Mhz band. For the best world phone, you should get a phone with all 4 GSM bands and WCDMA 2100 for Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by d_exmen View Post
                  I'm hoping you meant GSM850 and NOT GSM950. The US Bands are GSM850 and 1900. Most of the 3G and EDGE are being deploy on 850Mhz band. For the best world phone, you should get a phone with all 4 GSM bands and WCDMA 2100 for Korea.
                  How'd I miss that? Oops. Also don't forget that Japan only has 2100MHz WCDMA. It does look like that HSDPA (3.5G) is coming out fairly quickly too. Looks like I might be in the market for another phone soon. Still waiting on that perfect phone - dual-mode quadband (850/900/1800/1900MHz) GSM + triband (850/1900/2100MHz) UMTS/HSDPA. The N95 almost has it. Too bad the battery is rather underpowered.

Welcome to SQT d_exmen.
                  Last edited by globetrekker84; 11 January 2007, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Also planning to upgrade to N73 soon...currently using both N7610 and Sonny Eriksson W800i

Comment

I'm currently using the N70... so far it's been great.
                      BOEING. Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Not unless they at least half the price.

Comment

Lobster.... you should also consider the possibility you get it through your Mob phone provider... i got mine in this way

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                            Lobster.... you should also consider the possibility you get it through your Mob phone provider... i got mine in this way
                            The $499/$599 is already the "discounted" (or whatever Apple would have allowed) price with a two-year contract.

Comment

Here in Italy for premium customers, my provider offered me the HTC at a special price.

MOBILE PHONE COST
                              0.01 EUR/month for 24 months if you spend more than 25EUR/month for in phone calls.
                              If in a certain month you don't hit the 25 eur, you have to pay - only for that month, a 15-eur fee.

definetely a top.offer

Comment

I've been using the Motorola E1000 for a few years from when 3G became widely available in the UK.

I don't like the phone/UI/etc but see no current need to replace it as (i) the triband/3G means it's worked in all of the countries I've been to including Japan; and (ii) it does its job (together with a Palm T3) of collecting my e-mails on the road.
                                My Palm T3 is full of e-mails and I'm tired of the termperamental setup of having it talk to my phone so I'm looking at a replacement phone which does it all.

Any views on the Nokia N95 ? If I order by 4pm, I should get it tomorrow in time for the weekend...

Comment

Working...
                                X