Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile Phones - What Are You Currently Using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my brand new nokia 8600 was confiscated last night by tpe airport officials. they were freaked out by the blinking keypad.... i didn't argue with them. i explained to them that it is a feature of the phone but they wouldn't let me take it on board. so they are holding it until i return... it's ok...i still have my us-carrier phone, but i thought it was pretty funny.

Comment

• Well.. I would be mad if my 8600 is confiscated, especially if I have to buy it on my own. Wonder how much this phone cost at the moment.

Comment

• it was a gift for my bday...only have had it for one week.... i know it costs 26,000 NT (about 800 USD)

Comment

• Hmm.. USD800?? Kinda expensive for phone with only decent features, but again they target a niche fashionable demographics. I think, I will settle for P1 or something else. My K800i's joystick hasnt been working well lately, need a change of phone soon

Comment

• Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
            my brand new nokia 8600 was confiscated last night by tpe airport officials. they were freaked out by the blinking keypad.... i didn't argue with them. i explained to them that it is a feature of the phone but they wouldn't let me take it on board. so they are holding it until i return... it's ok...i still have my us-carrier phone, but i thought it was pretty funny.
            Aw that really sucks... do these guys really think they're gonna stop someone from blowing up a plane? by confiscating mobile phones?
            Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

• contacted by SQ today...they lobbied the airport security for the phone and shipped it out to LAX for me to pick up. quite happy with their efforts on my behalf.

Comment

• A nice end to an inconvenient situation - good on SQ for helping out!

Comment

• Thats what I call a service... good on you, SQ...

Comment

• anybody knows a good mobile for less than 250 dollars without contract? i'm flying over to canada and i will probably buy a new mobile there
                    Home is where your heart is.

Comment

• Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
                      anybody knows a good mobile for less than 250 dollars without contract? i'm flying over to canada and i will probably buy a new mobile there
                      That depends on your requirements:

1. Form factor: do you want candybar, clamshell, or slider
                      2. Do you need 3G
                      3. Do you need push email eg. Blackberry service

If you just after a simple GSM phone, I suggest Nokia 6300.

Comment

• a candybar would be nice ... but a slider would do aswell ...
                        3g - dunno exactly if this is used here in europe ... but i simply want a neat mobile to phone and sms that's not ugly and has a good interface (right now i have some sony ericcson i really hate) ... blackberry services would be aweseome but i am not sure if i'd really use them
                        Home is where your heart is.

Comment

• Bit of a bump on this thread - after using a Nokia E61 for the past few months and very much enjoying it, I took delivery of a brand new N95 earlier this week and am verrry pleased with it Loads of cool features for technophiles and a great camera, but have to say the web browsing experience on the E61 is far better in my opinion due to the large screen. Was a hard toss-up between the N95 and the newer E61i, but decided to go for the better camera and GPS of the N95. Thanks again to StarG and CGK for their help

Comment

• I'm using the Sony Ericsson K850i Cybershot phone. It's pretty decent with a 5 megapix camera.
                            We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                              I took delivery of a brand new N95 earlier this week and am verrry pleased with it Loads of cool features for technophiles and a great camera, but have to say the web browsing experience on the E61 is far better in my opinion due to the large screen.
                              I have a N95 as well and would agree. However, I recently bought an iPod Touch and love it for web browsing and checking my e-mails, e.g. I was happily reading SQT using the free wifi at the FRA CX lounge. The only downside is that it's wifi only.

Comment

• Enjoy your purchase nickbot.

Comment

Working...
                                X