Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best route to get to Sanya from SIN

Hi everyone,

Am thinking of going to Sanya for a holiday next year. Probably stay at the Hilton, redeeming some of my HH points.
    What is the best flight route to get there from Singapore ?
    My travel agent recommended SIN-HKG (SQ or CX), followed by DragonAir to Sanya.
    Feedback is most appreciated.

Best in terms of what ? Price - probably some Chinese domestic airline ? Maximum distance flown, e.g. you could go via BJS or ICN ? Best service - I'd have thought KA plus SQ or CX ?

Comment

I think the best way is SIN-HKG-SYX on Cathay Pacific then Dragonair. If not, then SIN-ICN-SYK on Korean Air. I don't think you will be interested to hear of the rest of the possible options..
      We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Ah, Sanya. Great choice! I've been there and it is just lovely. The Hilton should be part of the same complex where the Sheraton and Marriott are which is known as Yalong Bay. It has probrably the best beach on Hainan Island and is very relaxing. I suggest visinting the Native people (similar ancestry to Orang Asli in the Malay peninsula) also which is a unique experience.

Taking SQ then switching to KA is a great idea but if looking for a cheaper and slightly easier alternative I'd say have a go at Xiamen Airlines SIN-XMN-SYX. I was traveling from Xiamen to Sanya so that explains why I chose them but they aren't half bad.
        Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

My father-in-law suggested flying from direct from SIN-HAK (Haikou) by Tiger Air, then travel by road to Sanya. He said it is quite fast as there is a highway. Any views on that ???

Comment

Originally posted by acey View Post
            My father-in-law suggested flying from direct from SIN-HAK (Haikou) by Tiger Air, then travel by road to Sanya. He said it is quite fast as there is a highway. Any views on that ???
            I took a bus from Haikou to Sanya and if i recall correctly it was about 3 hours bus ride. It can be faster if you rent a taxi or car.

Comment

thought there was a direct sin-syx by silkair

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                No, there's only a SIN-XMN by MI.

The most convenient route will be on CX to HKG, followed by KA.

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                  Only seasonal charter flights to SYX and HAK.
                  We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Working...
                  X