Where to purchase the Blackberry 8310

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to purchase the Blackberry 8310

Hey guys i know i asked a similar question before but as i am travelling at the end of this week i need to make a decision and all your help is much appreciated.
    Basically the need has arisen for me to use one of these for a while, and after using my HP in the meantime, i trialled a couple of the Berry's over the summer and really liked the 8300s curve, or the new one with the maps 8310.

For all you guys with lots of knowledge on these and im sure theres plenty, my first question is - that is there anything wrong with purchasing a un-locked phone in either Australia, Singapore or UK/Ireland. i.e the phone is the same one sold all over the world possibly quad band???

2. Do any of you who visit Changi frequently (or basically live there) have seen the Berry on sale in the mobile phone shops around the escalators to the lounges? (if someone will be around there in the very immediate future could you possibly PM me to let me know much apprec.)

3. If it is ok to buy it anywhere is there any places you reccomend to get it online for a good price and fast enough delivery?

Basically im trying to work out to purchase either here in Brizzie, Changi whilst im transitting (if available to purchase) or online

Many Thanks in advance
    Token

1. You only need an unlocked phone if you are planning to swap sim chips and maybe not bother with the roaming of your local chip. But yes unlocking phones is a good thing because you have an extra option of switching GSM providers. Quad band is another good thing in North America because you can utilize both the 850/1900 networks.

Comment

AFAIK, the BBs are sold only in the telco's retail store. I have yet to have seen a BB on sale in shops other that Singtel's Helloshop, M1Shop or Starhub's store.

I would recommend that the BB br purchased before you leave Brisbane. Oh yes, do get an unlocked phone if you are planning on roaming

Comment

Working...
      X