X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan Dragnet about to begin.......

http://www.stippy.com/japan-news-and...fingerprinted/

Another good reason to leave...........

Germany is starting on this stuff as well...
    we have a paranoid minister of the interior (called "Rollstuhl-Mielke" after an eastern German politician during communism), who tried to
    -get foreigeners fingerprints
    -get our fingerprints into our passports (well, he managed to push this law through)
    -hack into our computers without a judges permission (still trying to make that legal)
    -shoot down captured airplanes (he's still trying, got our defense minister as an ally now)
    -and he used the armed forces to control protesters (that's absolutely forbidden by our constitution, in any fair democracy he'd be spending a lot more time with his family or in jail right now )

Why on earth did anyone vote for this d***head?
    Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Originally posted by up and away View Post

Why on earth did anyone vote for this d***head?
      Living in the US, that question (not to mention all that fingerprinting) is very familiar...

Comment

In Japan it is also those with "status to work" and who "reside permanently" that will have to proffer up their prints and photos......(exclusion being the Koreans that were born in Japan, as the Japanese government has already lost a case in the supreme court on a similar issue). So really my visa gives me no special staus what so ever other than paying taxes like the nationals.........

Comment

Appearently the German population doesn't like all this stuff as much as the politicians thought. If we would have voted this week the conservatives would have lost 3% of their voters compared to the week before, which is mainly blamed on some of their ministers striving towards the end of our democracy

Comment

Originally posted by up and away View Post
            Appearently the German population doesn't like all this stuff as much as the politicians thought. If we would have voted this week the conservatives would have lost 3% of their voters compared to the week before, which is mainly blamed on some of their ministers striving towards the end of our democracy
            Opinion polls?
            Ahh... gotta love them. They're usually given a -/+4.5% (don't ask me where the 0.5 came from) margin of error.
            Last edited by KeithMEL; 27 September 2007, 02:08 PM.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

But there were 2 or three different opinion polls indicating this, so the +/- should be reduced a little

Comment

Working...
              X