The SQTalk Luggage Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkyTeamFlyer View Post
    A very nice bag you bought, jjpb3. It's LV, right? Did you get it at the store that has a long line up during summer with Japanese tourists at ave des champs elysees? It must be soothing to shop with champagne served...
    SQ Solitaire, you're a tattle tale.

Yes on your questions, SkyTeamFlyer. I think the champagne was to soothe any buyer's regret. No lifetime guarantee on the bag, though , and the width is 2 cm past the standard at LHR: that's enough to make me nervous about trying to sneak the bag past the BAA goons guarding the security queues.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      SQ Solitaire, you're a tattle tale.
      Well, the furry friends (Ryu & Liam) cannot type with their big paws...so I thought I'd just help post their little tale (pun intended)

No lifetime guarantee on the bag, though
      IT'S GUARANTEED to make you look good (for it's lifetime or yours)
      Last edited by SQ LPP; 6 February 2008, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ Solitaire View Post

IT'S GUARANTEED to make you look good (for it's lifetime or yours)
        Bourget always looks good... Good choice jjpb3..... and cute bears too...

(how come they have the bear with blue tee now? The one I've always see in sqtalk, all wears white..)
        Last edited by blast-off; 6 February 2008, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blast-off View Post

(how come they have the blue bear now? The one I've always see in sqtalk, all wears white..)
          Don't wanna make this thread OT but Ryu is a brown bear with Blue Tee

He is special because he belongs to a non SQ Talker.

BTW, Ryu is from Japan , His cousin Liam is from the UK

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            Excellent choices, MtL.

Out of curiosity, which tote was the one you finally chose? I think there are several models that have carryon dimensions.
            I picked up this tote: http://www.briggs-riley.com/travel/t...traveltote.asp

Hope my garment bag comes soon. I need it for a business trip next week.

Comment

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
              I picked up this tote: http://www.briggs-riley.com/travel/t...traveltote.asp

Hope my garment bag comes soon. I need it for a business trip next week.
              Business trip for Valentine's Day?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                Business trip for Valentine's Day?
                Kinda sorta not really. Going with my boss to meet with clients. We'll be flying home on Feb. 14th. If I get upgraded and he doesn't, it's gonna suck. I've already been upgraded on the outbound flight on Monday, but he can't be upgraded. I think he's going to make me carry the briefcases for the duration.

At least I can get us both in to the lounges.

Comment

Kinda sorta not really. Going with my boss to meet with clients. We'll be flying home on Feb. 14th. If I get upgraded and he doesn't, it's gonna suck. I've already been upgraded on the outbound flight on Monday, but he can't be upgraded. I think he's going to make me carry the briefcases for the duration.

At least I can get us both in to the lounges.
                  How old is your boss? Cute?
                  Tell him... you have a new bag collection just for the occasion traveling in front cabin! He should have known better nowdays FFP status is very very useful. If he wants a very personal assistance, he can hire me! To carry his briefcase would be a oneway in Suite A380.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                    How old is your boss? Cute?
                    Tell him... you have a new bag collection just for the occasion traveling in front cabin! He should have known better nowdays FFP status is very very useful. If he wants a very personal assistance, he can hire me! To carry his briefcase would be a oneway in Suite A380.
                    Hahaha. He's a few years older than me.

As it turns out, my new garment bag was late in arriving, so I didn't get to take it on that trip. It's here now, and I plan to use it if my next business trip goes forward according to plan.

Comment

On my recommendation, a friend of mine just bought a B&R 22" expandable to take with him to SYD Mardi Gras this weekend. I was thinking about getting what we call a "litigation bag" from B&R. I don't know what it's called by others, but it's basically an extra-large briefcase with few dividers and squared off sides designed to handle huge amounts of papers in notebooks and files. Unfortunately, B&R doesn't make one, at least not that I could see.

But in good news, my garment bag arrived and now I can take it on my upcoming business trip to SFO.

Comment

A last minute emergency (read: too much shopping + incurring too much costs shipping stuff home) prompted me to buy an extra suitcase. Kenneth Cole had the "Reaction" range on sale and I got one of the bigger ones for $130. Spur of the moment type purchase really.

A certain SQTalker pronounced it "ugly."
                        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

On my recommendation, my mom is buying a B&R 22" expandable rollabaord for her upcoming trip to Asia (on Traitor Air). And I just went out and bought two more pieces of B&R for myself: a small computer briefcase and a 24" expandable roller. Next I plan to pick up a few pieces for Mr. Megatop so we can have matching bags when we travel together. B&R owes quite a bit of business to this thread, prior to reading which I didn't know much about them at all. But with strong recommendations from SQTalkers I know, I knew I couldn't go wrong. And I didn't. Obviously, I'm very pleased.

Comment

On my recommendation, my mom is buying a B&R 22" expandable rollabaord for her upcoming trip to Asia (on Traitor Air). And I just went out and bought two more pieces of B&R for myself: a small computer briefcase and a 24" expandable roller. Next I plan to pick up a few pieces for Mr. Megatop so we can have matching bags when we travel together. B&R owes quite a bit of business to this thread, prior to reading which I didn't know much about them at all. But with strong recommendations from SQTalkers I know, I knew I couldn't go wrong. And I didn't. Obviously, I'm very pleased.
                            MegatopLover sure is on a B&R tear. Glad to hear everything is working out so well for you. Cheers!
                            HUGE AL

Comment

Just got the 24" Tumi (expandable - what a great feature) here in SFO [usd750]; luggage itself weighs 16lbs or 7.5 kg

Considered at the store the much lighter Rimowa Tango (they only had Tango and Topaz) [ca. usd350 for the 26" white one which is outphased and currently replaced by the new black one (usd ca. 550)], but when brought the Tumi to the hotel and loaded it up, was glad to have made that choice instead of the Rimowa.
                              Last edited by N_Architect; 13 May 2008, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
                                was considering the much lighter Rimowa Tango (they only had Tango and Topaz) ..., but when brought it back to the hotel and loaded it up, was glad to have made that choice
                                I am toying with a Rimowa.
                                Can you elaborate as to your choice of carryon? Is it that rimowa is flimsy? poorer structural construction, etc?

Comment

Working...
                                X