No announcement yet.

The SQTalk Luggage Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't rely on me. I'm relying on you...

I don't like Cocoon as it is exposed. Prefer something I can enclose the contents with fully.

Comment

• You can buy the cocoon organizer at Bugis Junction as well.

I don't know the shop name but its the corner stationery shop on the 3rd floor

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        Don't rely on me. I'm relying on you...

I don't like Cocoon as it is exposed. Prefer something I can enclose the contents with fully.
        hahhaa... ok, lets discus further when we meet since its not urgent..... I will buy one Cocoon tonight, as I intend to slip it into a mess bag which is A4 size....

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        You can buy the cocoon organizer at Bugis Junction as well.

I don't know the shop name but its the corner stationery shop on the 3rd floor
        Bugis Junction, too many young people roaming about and T3 is nearer my home
        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Classic - they say if you're in a dilemma to possibly also go for both options.

Well, here we go then...

Comment

• Don't tease, N_Architect, we need to see unboxing shots too!

Comment

• My apologies, too much work lately and delayed logging-in here.

Nothing extraordinary, Topas 22" carry-on and Limbo 29" in blue.

And three more luggage tags, purchased from Yodobashi Fukuoka last week:

Last edited by N_Architect; 6 July 2013, 09:33 PM. Reason: Added the last photo.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                As I had nothing better to do at 4am in the morning here in Nagoya (no parties in my suite unlike CGK and cawhite ), here's a picture of the Salsa:

And almost 6 years later and (weirdly!) back in the place of its purchase (Nagoya), my polycarbonate check-in Salsa fell apart. One side of the top handle separated (the metal came out from the plastic) to be followed a day later by the same thing happening to the side handle!

The case was loaded as normal. Both handles finally broke when I was lifting them (not during handling by airlines). Looking at the handles on my polycarbonate carry-on Bolero, it seems the same thing is happening too. For my experience at least with these two cases, it seems to be a common issue for the handles on these cases. Now that I'm back home in the UK to try and see whether I can get this fixed. (The B&R lifetime warranty would have been good here!)

I wonder if this is an argument for having another model of the Rimowa with stronger handles, e.g. a metal version or the Rimowa Salsa Deluxe (which IIRC has different handles) ?

Comment

Now that I'm back home in the UK to try and see whether I can get this fixed.
                  A quick Google and I found these people:

http://www.albaluggage.com/repairs

Central London, open Saturday and an accredited Rimowa repairer. I'll drop in my case sometime and see what they say.

Comment

• Not much help, JHM but i've found the Rimowa guys in Malaysia awesome. I have a Salsa deluxe bought in the EU that had 2 flights under its' belt and had a hole in the zipper area. They agreed to fix it at no cost despite buying it elsewhere and promptly gave it back to me polished and shiny 7 days later.

Comment

• Hey guys, any review on Victorinox Spectra series?
                      We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                        Not much help, JHM but i've found the Rimowa guys in Malaysia awesome. I have a Salsa deluxe bought in the EU that had 2 flights under its' belt and had a hole in the zipper area. They agreed to fix it at no cost despite buying it elsewhere and promptly gave it back to me polished and shiny 7 days later.
                        rimowa singapore also repairs my rimowa without cost, likewise stockholm...
                        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          Not much help, JHM but i've found the Rimowa guys in Malaysia awesome.
                          Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                          rimowa singapore also repairs my rimowa without cost, likewise stockholm...
                          Thanks both! When you refer to Rimowa Singapore and Rimowa Malaysia respectively, I assume you mean the local repairer listed on Rimowa's website (rather than Rimowa themselves) ?

http://www.rimowa.de/repair/

i.e.

BNA Distibution Sdn. Bhd
                          [...]
                          Malaysia

RAM Pacific PTE LTD
                          [...]
                          Singapore

Comment

And almost 6 years later and (weirdly!) back in the place of its purchase (Nagoya), my polycarbonate check-in Salsa fell apart. One side of the top handle separated (the metal came out from the plastic) to be followed a day later by the same thing happening to the side handle!

The case was loaded as normal. Both handles finally broke when I was lifting them (not during handling by airlines). Looking at the handles on my polycarbonate carry-on Bolero, it seems the same thing is happening too. For my experience at least with these two cases, it seems to be a common issue for the handles on these cases. Now that I'm back home in the UK to try and see whether I can get this fixed. (The B&R lifetime warranty would have been good here!)

I wonder if this is an argument for having another model of the Rimowa with stronger handles, e.g. a metal version or the Rimowa Salsa Deluxe (which IIRC has different handles) ?
                            B&R may not make the flashiest bags (though the new torq might appeal to some of you), but their Lifetime Guaranty is ROCK SOLID.
                            HUGE AL

Comment

Thanks both! When you refer to Rimowa Singapore and Rimowa Malaysia respectively, I assume you mean the local repairer listed on Rimowa's website (rather than Rimowa themselves) ?

http://www.rimowa.de/repair/

i.e.
                              BNA is the repairer and also the franchise holder for Rimowa in Malaysia I think.

Comment

A quick Google and I found these people:

http://www.albaluggage.com/repairs

Central London, open Saturday and an accredited Rimowa repairer. I'll drop in my case sometime and see what they say.
                                Went to see them today (a small shop a minute's walk from Baker Street tube). £15+VAT to replace a handle and the same to replace a lock. The Rimowa warranty is for 5 years and my cases are over that. I left the cases with the shop, went for a coffee and came back an hour later to collect them.

The old handles on my Salsa and Bolero (a Salsa with a cloth pocket front) were a combination of metal and plastic and it was those which separated or were in the process of separating. The new handles seem to be made of plastic totally - hopefully they will last for another 5 years of use of the cases!

Comment

Working...
                                X