X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
    I have one of these - the Rimowa Bolero as cabin luggage:

http://www.koffer-direkt.de/rimowa-b...y-schwarz.html
    I had a friend recommending this. Where did you buy yours?

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
      Where did you buy yours?
      Mail order from a company in the UK which I don't think is around anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
        I have one of these - the Rimowa Bolero as cabin luggage....

....which I used to use a lot. The only downside is that the front fabric pocket is only just big enough to hold a 15" laptop and nothing else. That meant that I had to keep my laptop inside the case but due to its clamshell design, whenever I passed through security it was a pain to get the laptop out.
        Yup. That's the one I saw. Haven't seen it for sale in SIN yet

The clamshell design is my main complaint. You can't live out of polycarbonate suitcase because they don't fit on the luggage rack hotels provide

( because the bag is in 2 equal halves, half your stuff is in the "lid" unlike a conventional soft bag )

My check-in luggage consists of a Rimowa Salsa
        Same here. Bought 2 ( the cheaper single-rail handle one ) with PPS requalification vouchers from Kris Shop before they stopped selling it

and started selling the more expensive double-rail handle one.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
          Yup. That's the one I saw. Haven't seen it for sale in SIN yet

The clamshell design is my main complaint. You can't live out of polycarbonate suitcase because they don't fit on the luggage rack hotels provide

( because the bag is in 2 equal halves, half your stuff is in the "lid" unlike a conventional soft bag )
          I've been living like that since I can remember...

Comment

Same biggest complaint. I use the polycarbonate Rimowa/Tumi models just when weight is really crucial for the trip, or when having four wheels would help.

Comment

I only knew about B&R reading this thread!

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
              I've been put off by the heavy weight even when empty.

But the quality feel ... the zips slide so smoothly...

And great ergonomics.
              • Exterior handlebars for flat internal surface facilitates packing.
              • Pouch between handlebars where my headphones will fit
              Yeah, with quality durable construction comes a weight tradeoff. However, it is better than a hard shell.

The zippers ROCK. And the exterior rails for the telescoping handle is the way every bag should be made as it appears to be common sense.
              HUGE AL

Comment

• B&R Introduces Polycarbonate TORQ Collection

http://www.briggs-riley.com/category....aspx?col=torq

The iPad/MacBook Air compartment is sweet!
                HUGE AL

Comment

• Nice! But the price.....

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    Nice! But the price.....

It's less than Rimowa and comes with their famous guarantee.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post

It's less than Rimowa and comes with their famous guarantee.
                      I'm not used to paying retail prices ... Especially Tumi....

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                        I'm not used to paying retail prices ... Especially Tumi....
                        You get what you pay for...
                        HUGE AL

Comment

• It appears that koffer24 does not ship Rimowa outside the EU anymore. Anyone have any other recommendations for online merchants that would ship Rimowa to Asia?

Comment

• Originally posted by spikey View Post
                            It appears that koffer24 does not ship Rimowa outside the EU anymore. Anyone have any other recommendations for online merchants that would ship Rimowa to Asia?
                            That's news !

I wonder if Rimowa stopped them from doing it. They're so much more expensive here than in the EU. The rimowa store in KL knows me - as someone who only comes to look, but doesn't buy. For someone who doesn't buy, i seem to have a lot of rimowas to repair

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                              That's news !

I wonder if Rimowa stopped them from doing it. They're so much more expensive here than in the EU. The rimowa store in KL knows me - as someone who only comes to look, but doesn't buy. For someone who doesn't buy, i seem to have a lot of rimowas to repair
                              haha...i am looking forward to a trip to Frankfurt next month to sort my Rimowa 'problem' out. Need to get a couple of salsas...

Comment

• Originally posted by spikey View Post
                                haha...i am looking forward to a trip to Frankfurt next month to sort my Rimowa 'problem' out. Need to get a couple of salsas...
                                Just wondering if it's still cheaper to buy Rimowas in NYC rather than (e.g.) Germany ?

Comment

Working...
                                X