X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeithMEL
    replied
    Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    Hooray, ebay. Won one, thinking I'd give it to my niece. But now that I've received it, I think it's too precious to give up. Am I evil if I keep it?
    (Note: I have many other gifts I can give her, and she doesn't know I'm an owner of an SQ Hello Kitty. Yes, this is me doing some rationalization. )
    Tut tut.

Leave a comment:

• SQflyergirl
    replied
    Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    Hooray, ebay. Won one, thinking I'd give it to my niece. But now that I've received it, I think it's too precious to give up. Am I evil if I keep it?
    (Note: I have many other gifts I can give her, and she doesn't know I'm an owner of an SQ Hello Kitty. Yes, this is me doing some rationalization. )

Should all other avenues for disposing it fail, Leroy and Bubba are lonely and need company. Send c/o SQflyergirl

Leave a comment:

• jjpb3
    replied
    Originally posted by jhm View Post
    No such problem about name with this one:

(sat next to the ITV Digital Monkey on my iMac)!

Leave a comment:

• jhm
    replied
    Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    Ah yes, where the true colours of a great many people came to light o'er a soft toy...........
    Really ? I thought Singaporeans are well known for being generally kiasu and even laugh at themselves about it!

Edit: quite surprised that after nearly 30,000 posts, this is the first mention of that word!

Leave a comment:

• SQflyergirl
    replied
    Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
    It's a very old in-joke in Singapore
    Ah yes, where the true colours of a great many people came to light o'er a soft toy...........

Leave a comment:

• Greatfox
    replied
    Originally posted by jhm View Post
    McDonalds ?!? I actually made a trip to the SQ Tokyo office to adopt her.
    It's a very old in-joke in Singapore

Leave a comment:

• HUGE AL
    replied
    jhm, that's bad ass!

Leave a comment:

• SQflyergirl
    replied
    Leroy and Bubba need a new friend I think. Might get a Sirotan for them to talk to at night.

Leave a comment:

• jhm
    replied
    Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
    I wonder how many fights broke out at McDonald's over that Hello Kitty
    McDonalds ?!? I actually made a trip to the SQ Tokyo office to adopt her.

Leave a comment:

• Greatfox
    replied
    I wonder how many fights broke out at McDonald's over that Hello Kitty

Leave a comment:

• Singapore_Air
    replied
    Oh how very cute!

Leave a comment:

• jhm
    replied
    Actually, perhaps the SQ bear may be a girl ?

No such problem about name with this one:

(sat next to the ITV Digital Monkey on my iMac)!

Leave a comment:

• jhm
    replied
    Given that it's a perfectly valid name, perhaps he's actually called Conrad ?

(If you Google "conrad hotel teddy bear", you'll see that the teddy bear is apparently put there on turn down ? Don't know - never stayed at a Conrad myself.)

Leave a comment:

• SQflyergirl
    replied
    Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    I presume the Conrad one was received while the property you were at was undergoing maintenance/repair. Hong Kong ?.
    He was indeed abducted from the fragrant harbour. Do you know what his name is?

Leave a comment:

• MAN Flyer
    replied
    I presume the Conrad one was received while the property you were at was undergoing maintenance/repair. Hong Kong ?.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X