flying on rare/old aircraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lee_apromise View Post
    JAL MD11 - Seoul/Gimpo - Toyko Narita (only a handful of MD11 PAX)
    I flew a Death Star only last X'mas!

Comment

death star?

Comment

Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
        death star?
        A term of affection!

http://www.iasa.com.au/folders/sr111/forbidding.html

Some pilots, reflecting the joking camaraderie of their ranks, have adopted macabre nicknames for the MD-11. "Death Star," some facetiously call it, according to the Air Line Pilots Association's safety-committee chairman. Others call it the Scud, after Iraq's unpredictable Gulf War missile.
        (However, for my Death Star flight (SIN-BKK-HEL), I did fly Finnair which has one of the best safety records in the world - no incident for more than 40 years AFAIK - so I did actually spend most of the flight sleeping soundly! )

Comment

Oh, cause I was going to say I bet you've never flown THE USS ENTERPRISE! (It was pretty responsive too!)

Comment

I have flown AF-2 Concorde, seat 1D (French magazine called seats 1-C and 1-D "Mythical" because they usually went to VIPs). CDG-JFK

Tupolev 134 FRA-PRG on CSA. First row, facing backward.

Some russian turbo prop made in China I believe on Lao Aviation, Chiang-Mai to Luang Prabang. Unfortunately I can't find what it was... But I could see daylight through the fuselage

Vickers Viscount where every window could be an escape. On Virgin between Luton and Maastricht.

The second A300 prototype operated by the charter TEA.

707 (I loved that airplane! Sleek and good looking) BRU-HER
            ATH-BRU.

Comment

I have flown CN235 MERPATI and DC9-21 Test bench aircraft (http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0932580&size=L)

Laurent

Comment

Working...
              X