Advice on BD frequent flyer scheme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
    I've got a nagging feeling that I'm getting a reputation here...
    Why do you think I've been rather busy burning my AAdvantage miles?
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Just to confirm... is it 38K miles to BD Gold and not 55K like previously?

Comment

if im correct Jv - it is still around 16 000 miles first required for silver then ** miles get reset then u need a further 38 000 miles for gold. Requalification is only 38 000 miles

with lifetime gold available after 10 qualification years - this is certainly manageable for lots of us i think - i mean ey star gold for life for 396 000 miles is pretty good value

i just dont kno if they will change the rules soon

cheers hope it helps if im right lol
        token

Comment

Originally posted by token01 View Post
          if im correct Jv - it is still around 16 000 miles first required for silver then ** miles get reset then u need a further 38 000 miles for gold. Requalification is only 38 000 miles

with lifetime gold available after 10 qualification years - this is certainly manageable for lots of us i think - i mean ey star gold for life for 396 000 miles is pretty good value

token
          Yep that's correct - 54k the first time, then 38k to requalify.
          Try getting matched to BD*G and you won't need to bother with the initial 54k, only the 38k to requalify.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Thanks Mates for the clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by token01 View Post

token
              Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
              Yep that's correct - 54k the first time, then 38k to requalify.
              Try getting matched to BD*G and you won't need to bother with the initial 54k, only the 38k to requalify.
              You guys forgot there's now "blue". So it is 3k+16k+38k=57k to qualify, 38k to requalify.

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              Thanks Mates for the clarification.
              Hope it is not only clear now, but also correct

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                I assume you know that starting from Scandinavia, you can get with cash+miles a F return to SIN for only 50,000 BD miles ? Two credit card applications and £5,000 of spending on the £60 credit card and you're there!
                Are you talking about cheating? And now I am not even sure they will let you do it.
                This is Z2-Z7 which is 80k miles + cash in F. Z2-Z8 would be 50k miles+cash.

Comment

dfp cheers for that i musta read it wrong i thought it said only on the silver page that it resets then not as well on blues

oh welllll i knew i was wrong lol

thx for the correction mate btw lovely concorde photos

Comment

Didn't even know there's now a blue 'tier'... are you sure the miles reset for that one as well? Or just a matter of achieving 3k to get a permanent card mailed out?

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
                      Are you talking about cheating? And now I am not even sure they will let you do it.
                      This is Z2-Z7 which is 80k miles + cash in F. Z2-Z8 would be 50k miles+cash.
                      Not cheating! I was confused when I mentioned SIN - it should have been zone 8 - "China, Hong Kong, Japan, Kazakhstan, South Korea, Taiwan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan", i.e. zone 1 (UK) to zone 8 (not SIN) is 70,000 miles for cash+miles in F but if you start in zone 2 (e.g. Denmark), it's only 50,000 miles for the same.

Comment

Didn't even know there's now a blue 'tier'... are you sure the miles reset for that one as well? Or just a matter of achieving 3k to get a permanent card mailed out?
                        I asked the same question on TOF and the answer was that the miles DO reset. It's not actually the "blue" tier but the "blue plus" tier - 3,000 miles required and benefits include free food on BD flights!

Comment

It's "blue plus". For achieving that threshold you get a free meal on those BOB flights that BD operates, courtesy of the blue card that you show the cabin crew.

I believe DFP is correct about miles being reset at that threshold. My brother experienced that after our SIN-BKK-SIN flights.
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Kewl - cheers for the correct info.

Comment

It is blue plus (I forgot about the +... maybe, soon, they'll have blue++ ) and I've seen a friend's account reset.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
                                ... and I've seen a friend's account reset.

Comment

Working...
                                X