Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Briggs and Riley Baseline or Victorinox Lexicon

Hi guys

The time has come for me to get a new cabin luggage. And who better to ask for POVs than from frequent travelers?

Im upgrading from my Victorinox NXT 3.0 which has a lifetime warranty. So I am looking for similar features:

-expandability
    -conforms to airline regs
    -lifetime warranty

PLUS

-four wheeler

So the choices came down to Briggs and Riley 22 inch Baseline International Expandable Carry on. (http://www.briggs-riley.com/shop/col...e-body-spinner)

or

Victorinox 22 inch Lexicon International Carry on. (http://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-323.../dp/B00ITOCDC2)

Victorinox's warranty is 'limited lifetime' meaning 1-6 years you get all damage to be fixed for free, even if caused by airline, ship or airport. 7 years on its highly limited. B&R is full for the life of the bag.

I have never used B&R but research shows that they don't have a lot of representation globally. And the reviews for both brands are kinda even, although some have slammed the lexicon.

Would love to know what you guys think. Oh and also thoughts on the B&R green. :-)

Thanks!!!
    Have Passport Will Travel!

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2268
    HUGE AL

Comment

Hey thanks for the link! I see you are a huge BR fan! I'll follow your lead and go for it. The 22 carry on makes perfect sense.

But would you mind if I ask which color you'd recommend? Black or olive? the only reservation I have about olive is that scuffs are easy to spot and the suede top handle would prob get dirty with handling...

Thanks in advance :-)

Comment

Originally posted by emperorsr View Post
        Hey thanks for the link! I see you are a huge BR fan! I'll follow your lead and go for it. The 22 carry on makes perfect sense.

But would you mind if I ask which color you'd recommend? Black or olive? the only reservation I have about olive is that scuffs are easy to spot and the suede top handle would prob get dirty with handling...

Thanks in advance :-)
        The reason being that I'm a creature of habit when it comes to certain things -- packing being one of them. Getting new luggage every few years would force me to rethink what goes where. With B&R's Warranty (don't be fooled by others who say they cover against damage, only to find out later that it's LIMITED), it becomes a non-issue. [Note: they are based in California, so I only pay $10 to defray the shipping costs.]

Black. I've seen quite a few olive bags looking super dirty over the years.
        HUGE AL

Comment

OMG don't get me started on 'limited' warranties. Sometimes it even depends on the city you are in. I have a Victorinox NXT which used to come with lifetime warranty for everything including airline, ship and airport damage. Let's just say some cities refused to honor that, and tried to play the 'wear and tear' game even though it was fairly obvious the damage was caused by the airport.

THAT is also the primary reason to jump to BR. I think peace of mind is important for travelers. Having said that, BR doesn't have representation in a few territories, like the Middle East and a few places in Asia where I go to a lot.

I am veering towards black too. But in your experience, specifically carry ons, do you see a lot of yuck on those? I would not get olive for check in for sure. Wonder if carry ons might be ok...

Comment

I have yet to see a clean olive bag.
            HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
            X