The SQTalk Tumi thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    Dude, is this a UM discount program? If so, after giving them sooooo much money for tuition, I do believe I qualify.
    This is only for the MBA program, not for the entire school. You're a Wolverine?

Comment

Absolutely. Half my undergrad classes were at the B-School and I was on the cover of the application for about four years. I do believe that counts. HUGE AL wants his Tumi Discount!
      HUGE AL

Comment

Absolutely. Half my undergrad classes were at the B-School and I was on the cover of the application for about four years. I do believe that counts. HUGE AL wants his Tumi Discount!
        MBA != undergrad. Sorry

How'd you make it to the cover of the application?

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
          MBA != undergrad. Sorry

How'd you make it to the cover of the application?
          Working in the computer lab with a tie-dyed UM shirt on.
          HUGE AL

Comment

Any chance you would post that pic on SQT?
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

That should be a sight to see

I only made it to page 12 of the MBA admissions brochure this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                Any chance you would post that pic on SQT?
                Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                That should be a sight to see

I only made it to page 12 of the MBA admissions brochure this year.
                Happy to do it...but my camera broke...OH...oops...had a moment where I thought I was someone else on here... Next time I run to storage, I will look for it. Remember, I'm an old dude...but not as old as SQ LPP. hahahaha
                HUGE AL

Comment

..but not as old as SQ LPP. hahahaha
                  I am old but I don't break my camera!

Comment

Don't know if any SQ Talkers need any new Tumi pieces, but I think they are discontinued pieces from that have been replaced with the new Alpha Series. Can't tell the difference between these and the Alphas.

Here's what I saw...

All Black!

26" Wheeled Expandable Medium Trip $566.

24" Wheeled Expandable Short Trip $498 (I know this is for the newer Alpha model, but the picture looks the old one)

Vertical Wheeled Garment Bag $398

Wheeled 22" Expandable Frequent Traveler $397

As I said all are brand new pieces not refurbished from a major department store. I'm sure I can pick it up and somehow get it to you. Don't know how many pieces are available but saw at least 2 of each except for the 22" Expandable.

Comment

So, are the rumous of the sharp deterioration in quality (since the company ownership change and the new generations) greatly exaggerated? For those of you who used the previous generations and the new, do you feel any noticeable difference in quality?

FWIW, I was in the market for a large-ish briefcase and went for a Briggs & Riley model instead of Tumi (mostly because the B&R costs a lot less, but also because 1. you now see Tumi everywhere, everywhere, everywhere! and 2. I've taken the rumours of drop in quality seriously)... very happy with the B&R. Never seen such a neatly organised and thoughtful briefcase, although it's quite chunky and heavy.

Comment

Any Tumi fans out there who can comment on the new Tumi wallets that's just out?

Comment

I got the email from them today about the wallets. Got to say I'm not sure I want to buy a wallet that costs more than the amount of cash they are every likely to hold.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                            Got to say I'm not sure I want to buy a wallet that costs more than the amount of cash they are every likely to hold.
                            My 100 Baht Kalvin Clein wallet from Chatuchak market serves me just fine

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                              I got the email from them today about the wallets. Got to say I'm not sure I want to buy a wallet that costs more than the amount of cash they are every likely to hold.
                              Succintly put.

Comment

At the Palais des Congres, I saw brightly colored (relative to the past) Tumi offerings. The silver-gray I could see myself maybe getting, but the bright orange?

All I could think of was, 'What would StarG, taipeiflyer, and other SQT Tumi fans think?'. Well, what do y'all think? Good intentions (high visibility on the luggage carousel) paving the high road to h*ll?
                                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                                X