X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Times Article: Oversize Expectations for the Airbus A380

An interesting perspective...

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/10/bu...a380.html?_r=2

Whether the A380 will be regarded as a commercial success is something only time will tell, but from a pax perspective, I think the A380 has been quite popular.

I've never tried Suites, but on the rare occasions I find myself in J on an SQ A380 (The last time was an op-up from MEL-SIN during Grand Prix season), I have always found it to be wonderful. And A380 Y on QF, SQ or EK is very pleasant as well.

I agree fully with Mr. Clark;

“My view is that we’ve all got to tough this out,” he says. “As I say to my friends at Airbus: Don’t bottle this. The day will come again. The global economy will take care of you.”

I've been in SQ Y and TG J & F on both their A380 and B744. I would always prefer the A380 over a B744 and to some extent a B777 though I rarely have flown long haul on one. I would have no problem taking EK's A380 but on a 14hr long haul flight in a premium class between SG/HK and the EU it doesn't make sense to change planes half way through.

The point about airport slots is very important and maybe underestimated in today's economic climate but as MR. Clark says, the time will surely come. Likewise look at FlightRadar24 shows some very busy corridors so even as slots become limited there is a possibility that corridors also become too busy for all these point-to-point aircraft.

Comment

Working...
    X