buying panadol nurofen in thailand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying panadol nurofen in thailand

can someone tell me if panadol and nurofen are available in bangkok ?

thanks

Not Nurofen, I used a local one with the words Tylenol there. Paracetamol, same effect...

I believe some places have Panadol, but it's not as popular as the (cheaper) local variant.

Comment

if you are asking if PARACETAMOL (panadol) and IBUPROFEN (nurofen) are available in Thailand - then yes they both are. At any and all pharmacies. write down the name of the drug, it is sold in dozens of different brands.

Kyo: Nurofen is just ibuprofen, definitely available all over thailand
      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Okay, was more a word of advice to the Op that the same brandnames aren't available... believe me, I spent most of New Year's morning looking around... and settled for Tylenol.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Not Nurofen, I used a local one with the words Tylenol there. Paracetamol, same effect...

I believe some places have Panadol, but it's not as popular as the (cheaper) local variant.
          sqdazz is right. Paracetamol = panadol. Nurofen = ibuprofen.

kyo, your Tylenol IS paracetamol.
          America : Tylenol (brand) - Acetaminophen (generic)
          The rest of the world - Calpol, Panadol etc etc - paracetamol

Comment

Phaleesy, I KNEW that, read again.

Comment

Phaleesy, I KNEW that, read again.

I did read it again several times (prior to your advice)!

I suggest you write again.
              Paracetamol, same DRUG/INGREDIENT

By saying same effect, you're not telling us that Tylenol/Panadol/Paracetamol are in fact the same drug. I could say Ibuprofen has the same or similar effect to Paracetamol.

Comment

Having a fever and doesn't seem to go down even taking Panadol multiple times ? Drink a can of beer, it works!

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                  I could say Ibuprofen has the same or similar effect to Paracetamol.
                  Hmm.. not necessarily. Both could be used for the same indication, but their mode of actions are quite different.

Ibuprofen belong to the NSAIDs group (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug), and will have much more anti-inflammatory properties than paracetamol/acetaminophen.

Hence, if there are signs of inflammation such as swelling etc, Ibuprofen should work better than paracetamol. Analgesic and antipyretic effects for Ibuprofen should be stronger as well, however with more risk of side effects such as gastric pain.

Comment

I think we are getting a bit off topic. the answer to the OP is yes the drugs he asked for are available
                    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Pharmaceuticals are my bread and butter, I should have been aware of the differences between anti-pyretics and anti-inflammatories! Pharmacology classes on Monday and Thursday mornings were so boring and I spent the mornings in bed instead. Must have missed out on this most basic and crucial part of my education.

Thanks for the belated lecture anyway, Slacker.

Comment

I think Tylenol has a higher amount of paracetamol than run of the mill Panadol.. Happy to be told otherwise.. Was recently given a stronger version of Tylenol containing 650mg of paracetamol - worked a freaking treat!

Comment

Working...
                        X