What Cars Do You Drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by up and away View Post
    What the politicians forget though is that although many car companies like VW or GM/Opel have been selling fuel saving models for years people just don't buy them because they are too underpowered, too small and too expensive. I mean, c'mon, you don't spend 25 000€ for the base model of the Prius if you could get the base model of the BMW 318i for just 27000€
    And to add to that, those fuel saving models are just downright ugly IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by zander View Post
      That isn't depending on the eco models- I believe that you could design good looking fuel saving models. But you'd probably have to construct an engine that 'd accelerate you from 0 to 30 within an houer or so
      Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

• Originally posted by zander View Post
        Yes but they do not have to be

http://www.fiskerautomotive.com/

It is supposed to go sale in late 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobster View Post
          Yes but they do not have to be

http://www.fiskerautomotive.com/

It is supposed to go sale in late 2009
          I saw that at the Detroit Auto Show earlier this year. Looks awesome!

There's also the Tesla Roadster at http://www.teslamotors.com/

Comment

• These two look fantastic indeed. But I find it somewhat curious that I didn't find a pricetag on either site

Comment

• Originally posted by up and away View Post
              These two look fantastic indeed. But I find it somewhat curious that I didn't find a pricetag on either site
              2009MY Tesla Roadster base price: $109,000

Comment

• The Fisker is reported to be going on sale for $80,000

Comment

• That's not what I'd call a bargain price but also not as bad as I would have thought!

Comment

• BMW 335 coupe

Comment

• the ultimate driving machine

Comment

• We're a Mercedes family. The 2007 S550 for the family, and the CLS63 AMG for me.

Comment

• Nice!

Comment

• Ok, since this thread is car related, I put in a post here.....

For those residing in singapore and are interested in F1, come to the F1 Paddock this weekend. As part of National day celebrations, there will be a major car related event, which there will be on display some F1 cars (actual and not replicals), dress up cars (more then 30), performance cars, antiques...... then there will be go kart racing, drifting ... it is a big show. Well, I am one of the organiser of the dress up car sections, and these cars will be on the track for a mini drag....... I was at the event venue earlier today and saw the tow truck coming with the Petronas BMW Sauber F1 car, previously driven by Nick Heidfeld in 2006.

On the truck...

The car during the launch....

If you folks are there this weekend, come to the dress up car section and ask for kapitan.... I will be there....
                            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Mercedes has not been any good since the 1980's. Their customer service is horrible ,depreciate like crazy and have had build quality issues. They are still the car of the rich but taste lacking. I have a new style lexus gs and its excellent. I love audis but they have electricity issues. Bmw has turned in to a luxury make and upped the customer service.

I will say the 2007 mercedes and forward build quality has improved but depreciation is still bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by sithlord View Post
                                Mercedes has not been any good since the 1980's. Their customer service is horrible ,depreciate like crazy and have had build quality issues. They are still the car of the rich but taste lacking. I have a new style lexus gs and its excellent. I love audis but they have electricity issues. Bmw has turned in to a luxury make and upped the customer service.
                                Actually the customer service might be different from one country to the next but the ones I had the chance of evaluating (Germany&Australia) are quite good!
                                Other companies like BMW (or even Toyota) have quality issues as well. And I wouldn't call a Merc tasteless- especially not compared to a Lexus!

The one thing that really is outrageous about Mercedes (but Audi&BMW are no better) is the price of extras. Come on, a cup-holder for €90? By the looks of it it probably costed Mercedes €5, and that includes the installation!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X