X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It had to happen somehow.... Volvo's Twilight-themed campaign :

http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2009...vampires-17611
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 7 December 2009, 09:05 PM. Reason: schpelling
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
      It had to happen somehow.... Volvo's Twilight-themed campaign :

http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2009...vampires-17611
      daaaargh

the stupid, it burns...
      Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

• Dang. No offence to the ladies on SQT but my car got clipped by a _______ lady driver this morning. There goes the front bumper. Some idiots really should be banned from driving.

Comment

• S**t happens, Nick. That's life. Women are generally more careless than men, on driving, we know that. But the actual fact is that anyone can be careless (truck or taxi drivers included for example).

At least was she pretty? [though I understand this may be the least you care about now...]

Comment

• OUCH! Nick C

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
            At least was she pretty?
            I guess probably not given the 4x in his post.

Comment

• Oh dear. Your brand new Golf TSI? Ouch!

Comment

• Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
                S**t happens, Nick. That's life. Women are generally more careless than men, on driving, we know that. But the actual fact is that anyone can be careless (truck or taxi drivers included for example).

At least was she pretty? [though I understand this may be the least you care about now...]
                Agreed. Not one bit pretty.

Just irks me that the lady made no attempt to stop at the stop-line and just shot out.

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                OUCH! Nick C
                I guess probably not given the 4x in his post.

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                Oh dear. Your brand new Golf TSI? Ouch!
                Yeah. Actually, it's superficial damage to a non Petrol Head. To me, the bumper is 101% dented and off alignment by 20mm.

Comment

• Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
                  Women are generally more careless than men, on driving, we know that.
                  Please kindly explain to me why car insurance premiums for the ladies are significantly cheaper?

Comment

• talking about accidents... this happened to a fellow forummer in the KIA Forte forum... haiz... ouched...

Last edited by kapitan; 10 December 2009, 12:28 PM.
                    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                      Please kindly explain to me why car insurance premiums for the ladies are significantly cheaper?
                      This is true.

If we look solely on official stats, the substantial majority (>90%) of driving offenses and convictions are pertinent to males. Men have a much more aggressive/competitive behavior when driving.

What I meant by the word 'careless' in my post was not that women cause the most serious and numerous accidents because of whatever behavior (agressiveness, etc.) When they do cause an accident it may be not of such a big damage, but it is most likely caused by carelessness, indifference, not so much paying attention to details like smooth cornering, or by lack of ability to judge correctly the distance of breaking, approaching, parking, etc.

And none of the above (carelessness, indifference, etc.) that I mention are done on purpose, of course, and it is not my intention to highlight so. It is just that by nature most women perhaps just do not pay that much attention to details sometimes (so I am talking about a 'soft' side of indifference, if you like). And this contributes to accidents, small ones usually.

Hot-headed drivers are usually males, naturally. Then big accidents are caused and, as a result, insurance premiums go up.

Comment

• Wonderboy has new clothes!

I was going home for the weekend. Came out of the accommodation and found Wonderboy covered with two snowflakes. (Lobster's words).

So I brushed and I brushed, till my little hands were as cold as Mimi's.
                        Last edited by phaleesy; 21 December 2009, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• Some shots of my ride which I took yesterday afternoon at Kallang.

Comment

• Very nice.

Are they made in Germany or South Africa?

I remember previous generation GTi, 3 door made in Germany, 5 door from South Africa.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                              Are they made in Germany or South Africa?
                              Wolfsburg

Comment

• Picked up this cherry red Jap beauty today from the local dealership.

2.2L TD, 163 hp. Pretty light steering but overall feels good and solid.

Only thing missing now is the family to fill this car up...

Comment

Working...
                                X