• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umm...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      Not gonna say what car i drive - but here's me and one of my tyres
      There is no lug pattern, so there its either a 'hobby' race car or a Carrera GT / Ferrari Enzo type exotic. Very few production cars have hub locking! Rim size is too small for an ultra-exotic since their brake diameters are generally 15" (inches) or greater.

Looks like a big go-kart to me :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
        If you think about it, we don't really need a big car.
        that kinda misses the point why we buy big cars: Lifestyle. Of course you can go through your life driving a boring Nissan Micra but a BMW just is a more comfortable car. (Neglecting the safety aspect).

I was watching a small TV documentary on the Mini y'day, what a brilliant car, and it was so small but practical at the same time. So the 7-series and the S-Classes are pretty gorgeous, but a Fiat 500 is so stylish, practical and easy to drive that I'd love to get it one day.
        a) style always lies in the eye of the beholder.
        b) there's another reason for big cars. ever tried driving 600-900 km with four persons in a Mini/Golf/Fiat 500? Especially if you've got a lot of luggage that's hellish.
        c) a big high quality car makes a lot of sense if you happen to live near an unrestricted autobahn- for example in a E320 you can cruise @160-180 kph for several houers without being uncomfortable. Try that in a small car and you'll be a nervous wreck after half an hour!
        Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

• Originally posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
          There is no lug pattern, so there its either a 'hobby' race car or a Carrera GT / Ferrari Enzo type exotic.
          It's from a Ferrari alright.... but from a model far more exotic that 'just' a standard Enzo, and far quicker

Comment

• Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
            Back in the '80s, one of the former Nissan chiefs of technology or CEOs (can't remember exactly his title or name) used to say the phrase "Big car, small man".
            Hmm... That seems to be a bit of a generalisation. I am both physically (6'3, 220) and intellectually "large". Yes, the CL 65 I took delivery of in June is a large car, but I bought it because it's comfortable - who doesn't like having their back massaged as they drive along the freeway?

Comment

• Originally posted by GramercyPark View Post
              Hmm... That seems to be a bit of a generalisation. I am both physically (6'3, 220) and intellectually "large". Yes, the CL 65 I took delivery of in June is a large car, but I bought it because it's comfortable - who doesn't like having their back massaged as they drive along the freeway?
              speaking of generalizations, those who have to brag about their intellect, are typically egotistically "large" as well. my grandma used to tell me that people who liked to tell everyone how smart they were, were in fact sexual intellectuals- i.e., f**king know-it-alls.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                It's from a Ferrari alright.... but from a model far more exotic that 'just' a standard Enzo, and far quicker
                Champ car?

Comment

• Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                  my grandma used to tell me that people who liked to tell everyone how smart they were, were in fact sexual intellectuals- i.e., f**king know-it-alls.
                  LOL, I got a chuckle out of that! Good one... *saves*

Comment

• Alright boys and girls - let's be nice please?

Comment

• Originally posted by up and away View Post
                      that kinda misses the point why we buy big cars: Lifestyle. Of course you can go through your life driving a boring Nissan Micra but a BMW just is a more comfortable car. (Neglecting the safety aspect).

a) style always lies in the eye of the beholder.
                      b) there's another reason for big cars. ever tried driving 600-900 km with four persons in a Mini/Golf/Fiat 500? Especially if you've got a lot of luggage that's hellish.
                      c) a big high quality car makes a lot of sense if you happen to live near an unrestricted autobahn- for example in a E320 you can cruise @160-180 kph for several houers without being uncomfortable. Try that in a small car and you'll be a nervous wreck after half an hour!
                      Agree with all points and would for sure buy a large car myself, to be honest. But I know that if i live somewhere where there are no special weather and distance restrictions, then a small car would suffice (however not that I wouldn't buy a big one).

If you hear my opinions about the environmentalists who want to ban the cars with high CO2 emissions, about Greenpeace, etc. then you'd be really surprised. I love automobiles, big cars and yes, the large CO2 emissions that come with that package. So all in all, big car can be small man but also big and intellectual man as well, it really depends.

Ah, and by the way, the CL65 is a fantastic toy, as long as it's owner does not go out with a Cherokee and 3-4 bodyguards in it behind him... (not that GramercyPark does so, let me be clear and fair on this ).

Comment

who doesn't like having their back massaged as they drive along the freeway?
                        actually I hate that feature, imo the mercedes massage feels like your spine is ripped from your body while you are driving a car
                        but this being a merc you can of course turn this feature off by pressing one single button, in a BMW you'd need a major in software engineering for that

Comment

• i'm kinda new here and wow, looking at the dizzying assortment of cars make me feel a little jealous if not inadequate! : )

on stormy days:

all other days:

unfortunately they're up for sale as i'm relocating... yet again!

yes, my home too! cheers!

Comment

I fall asleep whenever I get a massage.

I notice that people in the States do tend to drive bigger cars compared to the Europeans.

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                            NIce bike!

Comment

• Originally posted by taxico View Post
                              i'm kinda new here and wow, looking at the dizzying assortment of cars make me feel a little jealous if not inadequate! : )
                              if you feel inadequate with that bike you probably can't (or shouldn't) be helped

the volvo is a nice car for everyday duty as well, and as I witnessed about a week ago this particular model is very, very, very safe (someone I know rolled it 5 TIMES and basically walked away (ok he got a whiplash and broke his arm, but what do you expect???)

Comment

• Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                                speaking of generalizations, those who have to brag about their intellect, are typically egotistically "large" as well. my grandma used to tell me that people who liked to tell everyone how smart they were, were in fact sexual intellectuals- i.e., f**king know-it-alls.
                                I'm your typical arrogant American. If you don't like it, my thoughts are simply "meh, whatever".

Your opinion of me is less significant than the last dose of methane that polluted my breeches, sweetheart.

Comment

Working...
                                X