X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80% of China airline's blankets not washed

80% of China airline's blankets not washed
    China Daily, ANN | Tue, Jul 12 2011
    Investigation reveals the blankets are reused without disinfection measures.

Airline passengers might have second thoughts before covering up with a blanket during their next flight.

An investigation by the Beijing Times has revealed that about 80 per cent of non-disposable blankets that are used on one of China's biggest airlines are reused without any disinfection measures.

A source at Yingtailong Airline Commodity disclosed that most of the blankets they get from airplanes are not washed before being reused.

Reporters from the newspaper found that in a 400 square-metre factory, only three washing machines were functioning with around 30 workers.

Every day the company gets about 3,000 blankets from airline companies with only 500 to 600 actually get washed.Workers check the blankets and only those found to have visible stains are washed despite the airline company having a contract to clean all.

When asked why all the pieces are not washed, a worker explained "there're only 3 machines, how could we wash them all?"

The airline, which was not named in the report, has launched an investigation to probe the company's service work.

http://relax.com.sg/relax/news/69021...ot_washed.html

Ewww!

Comment

disgusting.
      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

And here's the name of the airline: China Southern.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/d...-1226093065793

Comment

Is it really that awful ? Surely it's the same as using an airline seat which certainly doesn't get washed after every single flight.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            Is it really that awful ? Surely it's the same as using an airline seat which certainly doesn't get washed after every single flight.
            They're not? Ewww!

Comment

I thought the current practices for both CX & SQ in both Y & J, they don't change its headrest cover, after a long haul flight, which consists of many dirt on it. F will depending on how long for their stop-over, one time I was on SQ1 F from SFO=>SIN via HKG, then don't even change the headrest cover (for the entire nose cone, not just my seat) & they said due to the short turn-around & cost cutting...!

Comment

thats why i never use the blanket...

interesting comment here:
                Homer of Canberra Posted at 4:50 PM July 12, 2011

Flew Singapore Airlines, got a pillow with blood stains on it, looked like someone squeezed a zit - complained and got another dirty one back.....

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/d...#ixzz1SA4hLpbD
                Last edited by lingua101; 15 July 2011, 04:43 PM.
                visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
                  I thought the current practices for both CX & SQ in both Y & J, they don't change its headrest cover, after a long haul flight, which consists of many dirt on it. F will depending on how long for their stop-over, one time I was on SQ1 F from SFO=>SIN via HKG, then don't even change the headrest cover (for the entire nose cone, not just my seat) & they said due to the short turn-around & cost cutting...!
                  I beg to differ.. at least on CX anyway.

I was on CX712 from SIN to HKG via BKK.

At BKK, as I had to remain on board, I saw the ground cleaning crew come on and change all the headrest and pillow cases in both Y and J.

Note that CX doesn't have headrest covers for F seats !

Comment

Yet another reason not to fly with China southern

Comment

I wonder what airlines does to the headphones used for in-flight entertainment. Espically those airlines who collect back the headphones prior to landing.

Comment

Working...
                      X