QR increasing to double daily service to Changi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QR increasing to double daily service to Changi

Qatar Airways is to launch a second daily service on its popular Singapore route.

The Doha-based airline currently operates daily flights from Doha to Singapore using its flagship Boeing 777 aircraft with the services continuing on to the Indonesian resort island of Bali.

Additional non-stop services between Doha and Singapore will be phased in from 1 May 2011 when the airline adds three weekly flights to its schedule. Three further weekly flights will be introduced from 1 October and an extra flight will operate to Singapore from 3 November 2011, taking the frequency up to double daily.

The new services will vastly improve connectivity for Qatar Airways’ passengers travelling to or from Singapore and onward within the airline’s expanding global network. Passengers will now have the option of a morning or evening departure from Doha or an evening and late night departure from Singapore.

Qatar Airways Chief Executive Officer Akbar Al Baker said the addition of a second daily flight to Singapore was a key component of the airline’s growth strategy for the Far East.

“Singapore has been one of our best-performing routes in the entire region for a long time, with load factors consistently in the high 90s. The addition of a second daily service will allow Qatar Airways to grow the passenger market for inbound and outbound travel to Singapore,” said Al Baker. “In 2010, Singapore experienced a record year in terms of economic growth and number of visitors to the city state. Qatar Airways is preparing to capitalise on these positive developments, which ultimately will translate to better services for passengers across our network ... The Far East continues to be a key market for Qatar Airways. We see even greater potential to expand further into this region and are evaluating several new route options which we intend to launch over the next 18 months.”

The airline’s existing daily service is operated using Boeing 777 aircraft with 42 flat bed seats in Business Class in a 2-2-2 configuration, and up to 293 seats in Economy Class in a 3-3-3 layout with a seat pitch of up to 34 inches.

Qatar Airways’ second daily Singapore service will be operated using Airbus A330 wide-body aircraft in a two-class configuration of up to 30 seats in Business Class and 275 seats in Economy Class.
    http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news11...rAirways.shtml

Does this bird go ob somewhere else like p
    DPS ? The other one does

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      DPS ? The other one does
      Don't think so, they talked about the increase in demand only to SIN.

Btw, does QR currently have more flights to KUL than SIN?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        DPS ? The other one does
        It doesn't appear so.

I only just realised their flights to SGN (which I enjoyed a few times) now go via BKK. I was looking for a flight between the two and a good rate for QR popped up. TK also do the route as well so thats, TG, VN, LH, QR and TK (plus the wrong 'uns) for BKK-SGN!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
          Btw, does QR currently have more flights to KUL than SIN?
          It seems like - presently there are 11 flights per week to KUL and only 7 flights per week to SIN.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            It seems like - presently there are 11 flights per week to KUL and only 7 flights per week to SIN.
            IIRC, QR currently flies more frequently to KUL, CGK, MNL (more than 7x weekly) than it does to SIN. And I believe the new flight terminates in SIN (the timings are on the PR on QR's site, I remember a turnaround of about 1.5 hours)

Comment

Well just booked SIN to LHR in J via the website and not bad fares, its a 777-300 all the way and on one leg of the return so proper lie flat and not angled, the one sector is angled lie flat though.
              Will be interesting to see what the 5star rating actually gets you...

Comment

Originally posted by 225 View Post
                Well just booked SIN to LHR in J via the website and not bad fares, its a 777-300 all the way and on one leg of the return so proper lie flat and not angled, the one sector is angled lie flat though.
                Will be interesting to see what the 5star rating actually gets you...
                If it's not in Y they're actually not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                  If it's not in Y they're actually not bad.
                  3-3-3 in Y is a lot better than EK's 3-4-3.

Comment

According to http://airlineroute.net/2011/02/11/q...11/#more-29808 , they will increase 3 weekly flight from 1 May and another 3 more from 28 Sept 2011 onwards using A332.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                      3-3-3 in Y is a lot better than EK's 3-4-3.
                      I didn't find their Y anything special not because of the seat width, but rather the legroom, service and food.

Comment

We can barely see the plane in good light

Comment

I did a Y LHR to SIN a few years ago and the first leg was great not very busy, great service and the stewardess kept plonking bottles of wine on the tray as soon as I get anywhere near finishing the glass with out asking.
                          However the last leg wasn't so good, packed plane and there was a mass scrum to get to to the plane, people were pushing ans shoving, J class passengers and mothers were called first but the people manning the gate just let everyone on. There was no need and it just made for a very stressful start to the flight, seems there were a lot of, how shall I say non frequent flyers on board that were demanding drinks and food every five minutes, , shouting at each other across the seats, reclining seats up and down during meals and generally being awful.

Still now we have seats 1A and 1B all the way on the 77-300s which will be great, only issue is that we have to stow the IFE during take off so no watching the tail camera!

Comment

Working...
                          X