Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New carrier for SIN - Hong Kong Airlines

From airline's PR:

Starting from 15 January 2011, Hong Kong Airlines will launch its daily direct scheduled service to Singapore, with our brand new A330-200 aircraft. The new route will enhance the network and connection between mainland China and Southeast Asia, providing business and leisure travellers with more convenience.

Hong Kong to Singapore:
    HX751 op daily, dep HKG 11:50 arr SIN 15:35

Singapore to Hong Kong:
    HX752 op daily, dep SIN 16:35 arr HKG 20:15

Timings don't look too fantastic for SIN-based travelers :\

Originally posted by inkoherent View Post
    From airline's PR:

Starting from 15 January 2011, Hong Kong Airlines will launch its daily direct scheduled service to Singapore, with our brand new A330-200 aircraft. The new route will enhance the network and connection between mainland China and Southeast Asia, providing business and leisure travellers with more convenience.

Hong Kong to Singapore:
    HX751 op daily, dep HKG 11:50 arr SIN 15:35

Singapore to Hong Kong:
    HX752 op daily, dep SIN 16:35 arr HKG 20:15

Timings don't look too fantastic for SIN-based travelers :\
    I don't see any upsets to existing CX/SQ yields. On the other hand, It might just take away some stress from Hong Kong based traffic on SQ 1/2

Comment

Also on the cards, a new link between Singapore and Macau begininng Jan 3, 2011

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_618587.html

Comment

Timing is not good plus only 1 flight per day.
        Also, the price is similar to SQ Economy.

Pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
          Also on the cards, a new link between Singapore and Macau begininng Jan 3, 2011

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_618587.html
          Think they used to fly here some time ago but stopped... my guess is they need to find new places to send their planes given that they've prob lost a fair bit of Taiwan-PRC traffic with the liberalization of cross-trait flights

Comment

J prices aren't anything to shout about. Coupled with their single flight/poor timings: Agreed - pointless.

Comment

J prices are even more expensive than HKG-NRT. With my rather poor on board experience on the HKG to BKK route, I really don't know if I will pay over $11,000 to fly J. Their catering is lacking, and their wine list is non-existence! The F/As are nice, but ground service is just passable.

I assume they will be using Terminal One right?

Carfield

Comment

For that price I'd rather fly SQ. I get miles, better timings, and consistent service.

Did HK Airlines not manage to secure a better slot at Changi? They are really disadvantaged here...

Comment

Originally posted by Carfield View Post
                  J prices are even more expensive than HKG-NRT. With my rather poor on board experience on the HKG to BKK route, I really don't know if I will pay over $11,000 to fly J. Their catering is lacking, and their wine list is non-existence! The F/As are nice, but ground service is just passable.

Carfield
                  Terminal 2.

Comment

In any case, it's a nice arrival time for spotters.

Comment

That's right

Comment

Originally posted by Carfield View Post

Carfield
                        The price is reflecting to the JOINT pricing of CX/SQ which is HK$19000 C RT HKG-SIN-HKG, you cannot compare with HKG-BKK route as the completition is more keen.

Actually I think their timing is good for Hong Kong people and they started their Y class promotion of this new route with the price of only 2/3 of CX/SQ joint fare.

In addition, I just received the promotion details from a TA, for C Class, HK$9000 HKG-SIN RT, buy 2 sets and get a iPad wifi 16GB, quite a strange promotion tatic

I think this flight is will mainly capture the market of price sensitive HK travllers who don't care about which airlines they are flying and HK tourist groups. But I believe the promotion for SIN pax should be start soon.

Hope the new airlines can lower the air fare for HKG-SIN, I miss the old days with the fare of HK$900 for SQ/CX 2 years ago RT

Comment

The inaugural FIT fare & GV2 fare for ex-SIN has been released quite some time ago.

SGD260 excl tax for travel date 15-21Jan 2011, min2/max7days tkt.
                          SGD320 excl tax for GV2, travel date 15-31Jan11, 03Feb-26Mar11, max 1mth tkt.

Comment

The inangural flight is tomorrow

Anyone going down to spot the flight ?

Comment

Working...
                            X