iPhone 4 to be released 30th July - Few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 4 to be released 30th July - Few questions

According to this article, the iPhone 4 will be released in Singapore as a standalone this Friday for $888 (16GB) and $1048 (32GB).

My first question is, what does standalone mean? What I gather this means that it will not require a contract?

Second question, where would it be available? Is it only through the official online store?

And the last and probably most important question: Can a Malaysian buy it? For that price, approx RM2500, it would be much cheaper in Singapore than here (where it hasn't been officially released yet).

Hope some of you can help.. Thanks!

Originally posted by jani View Post
    According to this article, the iPhone 4 will be released in Singapore as a standalone this Friday for $888 (16GB) and $1048 (32GB).

My first question is, what does standalone mean? What I gather this means that it will not require a contract?

Second question, where would it be available? Is it only through the official online store?

And the last and probably most important question: Can a Malaysian buy it? For that price, approx RM2500, it would be much cheaper in Singapore than here (where it hasn't been officially released yet).

Hope some of you can help.. Thanks!
    What the prices provided mean is that you will be able to buy the iPhone 4 for 888 and 1048 directly from the Apple Store. This is similar to what you can do on the UK Apple Store. (store.apple.com/uk). Apple sells these phones unlocked which is not something that you can get when you buy it from the UK carriers such as O2, 3, Voda etc.

This also means that you will also be able to buy it from the 3 official telcos which will offer contracts with the iPhone, therefore a discount as well. One advantage of buying it in Singapore is that it is also unlocked, even if you buy it on contract.

I am pretty sure a Malaysian can buy the iPhone as long as he/she gets it from the Apple Store Online and gets it delivered to a SG address, I suspect it'll be possible to purchase it from Apple resellers in Singapore as well.

Comment

iPhone 4 is still not available yet on the Apple Singapore online store as of today.

Comment

Don't hold it with your left hand though...

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
          iPhone 4 is still not available yet on the Apple Singapore online store as of today.
          It's up now But 3 week lead time so GG!

Comment

Well apparently none are available through resellers

Comment

iStudio at Changi Airport ain't got any.

Comment

Yeah they were the first guys I e-mailed, and they said Apple had told them nothing.

Comment

i registered my interest with SingTel received an email inviting me to book appt on Wed 28 July at 2pm; only managed to get access to the portal after 7pm to say stocks were out.

anyone here know when SingTel will be replenishing stocks?

Comment

Apple's showing 3 weeks. We haven't heard word from Singtel.

Comment

Are the prices without a contract?

I just got mine here in Canada. With a 3 year contract. But its kinda cheap... US$250 for the 32G.

Comment

I'm waiting for mine too. Didn't want to join the queue.

GB, prices depend on one's subscription plan. For some; like me; it'll cost $0.00

StarHub customers can pay $0 to $500 for a 16GB iPhone 4, and $0 to $630 for the 32GB model, depending on price plans.

M1 customers can pay $0 to $480 for a 16GB iPhone 4, and $0 to $620 for the 32GB model, depending on price plans.

SingTel will contact customers via email and SMS to book a time to buy the phone. For a 16GB iPhone 4, SingTel users will pay $0 to $480, depending on price plans. The 32GB model will cost $0 to $620.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                          For some; like me; it'll cost $0.00
                          HUGE AL

Comment

My friend reserved an iPhone 4 from Singtel on Saturday and was told to wait 1 week.

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                              My friend reserved an iPhone 4 from Singtel on Saturday and was told to wait 1 week.
                              oh? which portal (or other means) did he reserve it thru? i can wait for 1 week.

anyway, saw an IT guy in the office holding a 4 and held it in my hands for the 1st time

Comment

Working...
                              X