Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is something big on in Singapore on 22nd ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is something big on in Singapore on 22nd ?

Just looked at the usual Hotels for a price and the Conrad is full, Hilton SGD 700 , St Regis SGD 900 and the Hyatt has only got club rooms (thus meaning I can't use a FFN...) at over SGD 500. The only one anything like normal is the Sheraton but that's SGD 450 which is ridiculous for that hole.

Is this just a one off or is there a big event in town ?.

I think there is some big Oil convention going on from 20-22 April.

Comment

There's a whole raft of hospitality trade shows on from 20th -23rd,
      eg Wine & Spirits Asia, FoodAsia Expo.
      That may be it.
      F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Time to use those devalued HH points...

Comment

There is the Asia Oil Week 2010 being held at Orchard hotel from the 20th to the 22nd of April. It's upstream management stuff so there will be quite a few senior management people from various oil companies involved.

Maybe that's why the higher-end hotels are being booked up? These guys normally will not stay at Orchard Hotel, unless it's for a quick *ahem* moment of pleasure considering the 2nd Norwegian embassy (four floors) are next door...
          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Thanks for the replies. It looks like the Oil and Gas get together will have filled the Orchard area Hotels.

I have to say, of all the venues available in Singapore, whoever decided to put an Oil and Gas convention next door to Orchard Towers has a great sense of humour.

Comment

MAN Flyer, you are open to stay at my spare room. No attached bath room though. Won't charge you a cent and you are free to use the recently serviced air conditioning.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                Thanks for the replies. It looks like the Oil and Gas get together will have filled the Orchard area Hotels.

I have to say, of all the venues available in Singapore, whoever decided to put an Oil and Gas convention next door to Orchard Towers has a great sense of humour.
                Actually the biggest Norwegian drilling equipment supplier has a special deal with Orchard Hotel and thier guys stay there whenever visiting Singapore... Strategic placement perhaps??
                God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                  MAN Flyer, you are open to stay at my spare room. No attached bath room though. Won't charge you a cent and you are free to use the recently serviced air conditioning.
                  Very kind of you sir. Although it's actually looking like I will be going to KL instead now.

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                  Actually the biggest Norwegian drilling equipment supplier has a special deal with Orchard Hotel and thier guys stay there whenever visiting Singapore... Strategic placement perhaps??

Comment

Hotel 81 still have rooms at reasonable rates though.

Comment

Originally posted by meremale View Post

Comment

Originally posted by meremale View Post
                        blog

Comment

MAN Flyer

Goodwood - Parklane Apartment Suite Double @ 338/nt wit brekkie (Octopus Travel)

Can't find any other that aren't asking for your leg and innards.

Comment

Working...
                          X