Cheerful chap @ Changi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheerful chap @ Changi

Thought it worth mentioning this as it was nice to see.

Arrived into T1 on Sunday evening on TG and as we were pulling up at the gate the ground staff member operating the passenger jetway for 2L was waving at people looking out of the windows. It appeared that nobody had waved back judging by his reactions, so when I passed I did, which made him wave again and give a thumbs up with a big grin on his face.

My seat mate saw this and said 'Is he a friend of yours ?', and was bemused when I told him I'd never seen him before in my life. I added that it was nice to see someone in such a good mood at work.

It was actually a good ice breaker as while we were on short finals his Blackberry started beeping as it was clearly still on and had started receiving messages. To my astonishment, rather than turn it off he started reading the emails. I pointed out rather sternly that it would be a good idea to turn it off, which he then did.

You should see JAL and ANA then. Their Japanese rep would wave until the a/c taxis past him. And he'll give a deep bow when it has finished taxiing past him.

It's a nice gesture of you to wave back to him. I don't think he was expecting anyone to wave back at him. I certainly didn't when I was doing that !

Comment

I have to say people in Changi and other Asian airports do seem to be a lot happier or at least pretend to be than the miserable s0ds you get in Uk airports. It makes a difference.

Comment

Outside ground crew at NRT and ICN wave off aircraft that are pushing back.

Comment

Last time I landed at BKK the gate guy could be seen quite clearly lying on the floor catching up on some z's.

It's lucky he didn't roll over in his sleep, or else he could have had a nasty fall onto the tarmac!

Comment

some wave like they are cleaning windows.... actions only!!
            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Working...
            X