Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transit hotel fully booked. Any other options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transit hotel fully booked. Any other options?

as above.
    Any other places that provide beds to sleep?
    best if shower is included too

Have you tried asking if there are rooms in the other 2 terminals?

Or you can try the Crowne plaza - attached to T3, but landside.

Comment

There is such a thing as the Rainforest Lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by hybridace101 View Post
        There is such a thing as the Rainforest Lounge.
        To be more helpful, perhaps you could direct the OP to where the beds (1st item on his/her question) are in the lounge, and give guidance on whether the lounge is open and convenient for his/her transit.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

The beds are found at the Rainforest Lounge which is at Level 3 of Transit Mall West of Terminal 1 and has a SGD10/hour/person chrage.

You can also try the Plaza Premium Lounge at Terminal 2, Level 3. Plaza Premium is open 24 hours and has a charge of SGD30 for a 3-hour block.

Comment

Originally posted by hybridace101 View Post
            The beds are found at the Rainforest Lounge which is at Level 3 of Transit Mall West of Terminal 1. You can also try the Plaza Premium Lounge at Terminal 2, Level 3.
            I just want to make sure I understand your recommendation, given your advocacy: based on your experiences, are you saying that the slumberettes in the Rainforest Lounge provide the comfort and privacy of a bed in the transit hotel?
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

To be honest, I just got my answers from research. However, I still prefer a private hotel room rather than a slumberette. Of course the best option both comfort and pricewise is the hotel. If you prorate the lounges and the transit hotel's budget room, the latter is cheaper. Next time I'm in town, I'll see if I can try the slumberette out.

I'm just providing a possible 2nd best option in case the 1st option isn't available.

Comment

yea i checked.
                all the terminals are fully booked.
                crowne plaza is pretty expensive.
                will probably try the lounge.
                thanks all for the suggestions

Comment

BRANI, if you do have the time, why not try a hotel in town, or the next nearest would be the Changi Village Hotel (http://www.stayvillage.com/Changi/index.aspx?page=home) located not very far from the airport (you would still need to take a cab though)...
                  God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

You should contact JetQuay - a quick search on Google or on this forum will show you that it provides exactly what you need at a competitive price, and with a superior product.

Comment

nearest hotel to changi, by road distance wise is Cameron Hotel, ok, its more like a motel, that is less then 10 minutes by car away... better hotels like Changi Village Hotel though is near, take a longer time to get to, road wise,... or try hotels in Katong area, 20 minutes by taxi...

there's nothing sleazy about cameron, its located next to a church, across the road from a school, a stone throw away from Expo... but it does look so to some people...

This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        You should contact JetQuay - a quick search on Google or on this forum will show you that it provides exactly what you need at a competitive price, and with a superior product.
                        I second that.

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                          ... or try hotels in Katong area, 20 minutes by taxi...
                          You can be in Suntec in 20 minutes, although admittedly the Hotels that gets you are not cheap : Conrad, Pan Pacific, Marina Mandarin etc.

there's nothing sleazy about cameron, its located next to a church, across the road from a school, a stone throw away from Expo... but it does look so to some people...

I didn't know there was a Hotel next to Expo, where is that then ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            I didn't know there was a Hotel next to Expo, where is that then ?.
                            I didn't either until now and I work at Expo area: http://www.cameronhotel.com.sg/

Let me drive past it later today and check it out. Rather good rates I must say.

Comment

I know the area around Expo as my home is in the estate..
                              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Working...
                              X